Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which One To Get?

Hi,

Having been through eight very different cars in the last four years I've decided to buy an IS200 in the hope it will be a "keeper". What I'm trying to figure out is what to sink my smallish budget into.

I've driven an overpriced Sport with the LSD but it was an auto so I couldn't really see the point of the LSD. It came fully loaded inc sat nav. I then drove an S manual. Obviously it wasn't as well appointed as the sport but it was a good 20% cheaper for the same year/miles and was no slouch.

The car is only going to do 5K a year so I'm wondering if I'll regret not going the whole hog and buying a sport or am I going to be happy enough having bought an S, keeping the extra 20% saved in my back pocket?

Thoughts, opinions etc welcome :)

Ian you have a point, they look amazing in white. mmmm may change mine now!

Hi,

Having been through eight very different cars in the last four years I've decided to buy an IS200 in the hope it will be a "keeper". What I'm trying to figure out is what to sink my smallish budget into.

I've driven an overpriced Sport with the LSD but it was an auto so I couldn't really see the point of the LSD. It came fully loaded inc sat nav. I then drove an S manual. Obviously it wasn't as well appointed as the sport but it was a good 20% cheaper for the same year/miles and was no slouch.

As the car is only going to do 5K a year so I'm wondering if I'll regret not going the whole hog and buying a sport or am I going to be happy enough having bought an S, keeping the extra 20% saved in my back pocket?

Thoughts, opinions etc welcome :)

I went for the s spec, wanted an se really but i have no regrets with it, its still a great car

White's growing on me. I dithered about the car I'm buying for several days before taking the plunge because I wasn't certain about the colour. And you can't change yours yet, you've only had it a little while!

I see that Mr ivanovoitch has now added the text to his otherwise almost blank post and is asking an intelligent question. This counts me out of the debate. Colours I can cope with, the finer points of Lexus choices are still beyond me!

I went for the s spec, wanted an se really but i have no regrets with it, its still a great car

So, if you could go back in time to the day when you handed over your cash for the S (knowing what you know now) would you have put your money back in your pocket and held out for the right SE?

White's growing on me. I dithered about the car I'm buying for several days before taking the plunge because I wasn’t certain about the colour. And you can’t change your yet, you’ve only had it a little while!

I see that Mr ivanovoitch has now added the text to his otherwise almost blank post and is asking an intelligent question. This counts me out of the debate. Colours I can cope with, the finer points of Lexus choices are still beyond me!

Thats what hitting the enter button does when you're reaching for a beer instead of paying attention to what you're meant to be doing. Doh! (The beers good though, so I don't have many regrets!)

So, if you could go back in time to the day when you handed over your cash for the S (knowing what you know now) would you have put your money back in your pocket and held out for the right SE?

White's growing on me. I dithered about the car I'm buying for several days before taking the plunge because I wasn’t certain about the colour. And you can’t change your yet, you’ve only had it a little while!

Thats what hitting the enter button does when you're reaching for a beer instead of paying attention to what you're meant to be doing. Doh! (The beers good though, so I don't have many regrets!)

Not what so ever, I had a few probs with the car but now they are sorted its a dream to drive. Like I said, I have no regrets

Well if you have driven a Sport with auto buy that one because it will be the rarest one on the planet!. Go for the IS200SE or IS200Sport, stay away form the auto :blink:

Well if you have driven a Sport with auto buy that one because it will be the rarest one on the planet!. Go for the IS200SE or IS200Sport, stay away form the auto :blink:

You need to explain please. This is the one I drove which was described by the stealer as a "sport" complete with LSD. Was he telling me porkies?

Pretty certain thats not a sport.

If i'm not mistaken the sport's have rear tinted windows, rear lip spoiler and to make it more obvious sport written on the back windows!!

I should know though as i have one :lol: But older ones may be different i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong.

I wouldnt personally get an auto as i luv the 6 speed manual but it's personal preferance.

To decide what model you want to get depends on what you want the car to have, there is nothing wrong with the S model and it has the same engine anyway. The cosmetic additions can easily be added if you want them.

But as Kazi said if your happy with it thats all that matters :D

hello and welcome mate,

I've got a 2000 is200 sport with the sat nav. the one you looked at seems very high priced for the year at 15,750 euros which works out about £10,739 which is a lot for a 2000 model? and it doesn't look like a sport?? have a look at my pic's mate as mines the sport and the same year?

The sport auto is the highest priced model at the time so i've been told so there quite rare but not that rare if you know what i mean?

Chris.... :)

Right...so it obviously aint a sport then! Lying Stealer! Any road up it's sold now (not that I would have paid that price for it). I'm going to have a look at THIS later. Anybody any comments they' like to make? It's a UK import but without any UK documented history. It apparently has a MOT document stating a mileage of 51K at the time of import.

Thats over priced too... however it looks to be a very nice example

Truth is, because of an illegal Irish car tax called VRT, Irish cars cost about a third more than in the UK. A £70,000stg BMW M5 costs about €160,000 over here. :angry:

Car does look nice mate, which models this one??

Looks like the S model, no sunroof

is it just me, or is that NOT a TTE kit, looks like my TRD kit