Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Reading Dyno Results...

Just thought id post up some pictures of the S/C (and car!) now its been a few weeks with it in - and also get help reading my dyno. results. :duh:

Really does feel like a ‘big boys’ car now - like the S/C should have been there in the first place!

Please excuse the filthy engine bay.... :shutit:

scpictures005oo7.jpgscpictures009hl2.jpg

And some from ace cafe....

acesj2.jpgwheeltj9.jpg

And the dyno...

img3891rg4.jpg

Any thoughts/advice appreciated?? :blush:

Seems ok to me

196 is pretty good, thats gonna be HP at the fly not at the wheels tho.

I think that line going across the middle is the air fuel ratio which seems to get slightly lower at the end, but most ppl on here say the injectors are maxed out when supercharger fitted so would seem normal

Seems ok to me

196 is pretty good, thats gonna be HP at the fly not at the wheels tho.

I think that line going across the middle is the air fuel ratio which seems to get slightly lower at the end, but most ppl on here say the injectors are maxed out when supercharger fitted so would seem normal

No Ellz most dont say injectors are maxed out, just Mark coz he is trying to sell bigger one's to people FACT

To get the air/fuel ratio correct, you will need some sort of ecu to sort this out, coz the standard ecu is controlling the injectors, thinking its still standard :winky:

TTE made the kit, and im sure that if you was to need bigger injectors then thay would have come with the kit :D

Dont take what salesmen tell you as true :winky: at the end of the day trying to sell you something :o

Gord, dont be 100% positive what you are saying is correct......

i have spoken with TTE about this a few times and they say that with the TTE kit the injectors are on the max limit - and they were not trying to sell me anything!

where did u get the information that the injectors are NOT at the max limit???

i have spoken with TTE about this a few times and they say that with the TTE kit the injectors are on the max limit - and they were not trying to sell me anything!

Whats the S/C boost at is it .3 please put me right if it is more?............but the injectors dont max out at .3 more like .45 to .5

with a good A/F ECU and a good tune..........you can boost .5 to .55 .............. :winky:

standard is .35. i spoke many times with Gerald ( head engine guy for TTE) and in the past he sent me a few emails clearly stating the analysis shows the injectors are on the max limit with a standard tte kit

Rob, its been done.

if on max with s/c kit fitted, say running at 200/210bhp with standard ecu.

Now with t/c kit fitted you running 250bhp with same injectors + diff ecu

Ecu can change duty cycle of injectors

Figure quoted is the RWHP figure and a little down on the TTE 205 bhp which can be due to many factors (mileage/servicing history etc)

On the never ending injectors saga i surmise what gerald meant was that the injectors were at the limit on getting enough fuel with a s/c car at the top end.

From what I've seen and been told the normal ecu limits the duty cycle to a safe level,say 80% so they will never get to 100% UNLESS you use a greddy/FCON etc ECU to take control of the duty cycle you can then get them to 100%.

We have got a IS200 with steel internals and HKS Turbo (.65 bar) to 262bhp with fuel line upgrade and std injectors which maxed out at 6400 rpm. We got a IS200 with my turbo (.55 bar) on to 255 bhp with normal internals and a fuel line upgrade & bigger pump this maxed out at 6430 rpm

All this talk of Maxxing out ............. pah !

I have 125 BHP ........... and it just goes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee vrooom vroom ! lol

You lot keep talking about injectors, and boost, blah blah !

Just get a bike :lol:

I have 125 BHP ........... and it just goes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee vrooom vroom ! lol

what about when its raining........... :D

At least we don't have to dress in a gimp suit everytime we want to go somewhere ;)

@AJ, graph is looking ok from here :) Did you get that spring sorted out?

Hi AJ,

Congrats on your car.

The a/f looks too lean at most rpm's so it's worth considering a fueling upgrade of some description (depending on who you choose to believe).

Our testing has shown that Rob and TTE are correct. At the risk of repeating myself, the standard injectors are maxed out when using the TTE supercharger. The injector manufacturers and anyone with any knowledge in the industry state that 80% duty cycle is the maximum acceptable limit for safe operation of the injector drivers and for the life expectancy and performance of the injectors. You can go beyond this but the compromise is unacceptable in a professional environment.

Mark :)

back on topic slightly.....

is the 196 figure at the fly then?

thught you should deffo be over 200 bhp with the s/c??

Yup 196 at the fly, approx 158 at the wheels

Maybe the exhaust is losing a bit of power?

My twins felt torquier low down but slightly more restrictive at the top end than the single Hyper.....

Nice one!

cars looking clean enouh that its enspred to go give my car a clean up lol. been on the builing site for two weeks and the digger i parked next to this morning was cleaner lol.

Goin to get my car on the dyno once ive got my manifold on and the de-cat or prolex's sport cat. Should be inteteresting as i have no idea what i should have by then lol.

Cheers for the comments guys. :D

@ Lee –yup changed the spring, but unfortunately it didn’t seem to have much of an effect, so we had a play around with the ECU and that did the trick! :)

@ Jamie- you’ll def. enjoy it - be prepared to be putting your foot down a lot!

So it looks like 196 at the fly is normal – is that the kind of dyno figures the people with single back boxes have got? …Was a bit unsure myself as I was hoping to see 200+…

Also I have been told that the engine is running extremely lean and that an engine management system would improve the performance noticeably, has anyone (S/C’d) got one on? (with standard injectors)

Mate you've honestly got nothing to worry about, some of us did huge amounts of milage with the supercharger fitted, I got thru 30 or 40k and it never skipped a beat, well apart from when the belt needed changing.

As standard you don't need to worry, they'll run and run and run :D

It's not going to blow up - TTE made this to very strict standards which is how they achieved TUV certification :)

It could just be the dyno you've used has slightly low figures, some dynos give higher readings, there are loads of factors, you could take it somewhere else tomorrow and get over 200 - one point to bear in mind is that it's very warm at the moment so it's not getting that much cold air - dyno again in six months and it could be 204 :)

Just thought as well, did Steve and co reset your normal ECU when this was fitted? Don't know if he does it as standard?

Even if you don't need to do it now I used to notice a difference doing it every few months or so, just pop out the ETCS and EFI fuses from the engine bay fuse box for a couple of minutes and then replace and voila :D

I got 213 from mine (kazama single exhaust), but as Aido said it could just be the dyno/weather. The warmer it is the lower the reading :)

Just thought as well, did Steve and co reset your normal ECU when this was fitted? Don't know if he does it as standard?

I'd have guessed so seeing as you need to disconnect the Battery :duh: