Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated \ Ventilated Front Seats

Hi all,

It appears that the heated \ ventilated seat function is not working on my IS250 SE. Neither the red nor green light comes on and there is no heating or ventilation. As far as I know, this has been the case since I bought the car. I thought the problem might be due to a blown fuse but have checked these (both in the car and under the bonnet) and they appear to be OK, although I'm not sure which fuse is associated with the seats.

Can anyone tell me what fuse I need to be looking at please? Or, failing that, what else could be causing the problem. Any assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

[i'm assuming that heated \ ventilated seats is an actual, working, option on the SE. If not, why put the switches on the centre console?]

Many thanks.

have you tried the Lexus dealer......?

Well obviously I will do if I don't get any simple fixes (e.g. blown fuse replacement) suggested by the good people that inhabit this forum. ;) Thought I'd give this a try a first.

it was just you said its been so, since you got it from the dealer...have you checked the fuses........the location and function will be found in the user hand book

I've checked the handbook and it doesn't give me an obvious location of the relevant fuse(s). Neither do the diagrams on the fuse box covers themselves. Then again, maybe the problem isn't due to a blown fuse?

The ventilation function is not as efective as you might think - it only blows slightly, very slightly...

And the heat function is pretty mild too, you need to give it 5 minutes before you feel any warmth...and then it's only warm and you have to be sitting on it too.

Other makes have much better heating function, quicker and warmer (Take Saab and BMW). Daft question, did you have heated seats in a prev car? Are you sure you're not allowing it enough time?

The ventilation function is not as efective as you might think - it only blows slightly, very slightly...

And the heat function is pretty mild too, you need to give it 5 minutes before you feel any warmth...and then it's only warm and you have to be sitting on it too.

Other makes have much better heating function, quicker and warmer (Take Saab and BMW). Daft question, did you have heated seats in a prev car? Are you sure you're not allowing it enough time?

Hi Jamboo,

The main reason I suspect it isn't working is because neither of the indicator lights (left or right) come on when I move the relevant dials.

B)-->

QUOTE(Andy B @ May 9 2007, 07:11 PM)

The main reason I suspect it isn't working is because neither of the indicator lights (left or right) come on when I move the relevant dials.

Hi Andy - you definitely appear to have a fault. The seat heating on the IS 250 is gentler than I have experienced on other vehicles. I could be wrong, but I have assumed that this is because it is a warm air ventilation system as opposed to the buried electrical heating elements on my other cars. I have never owned a vehicle with cooled seats before so I can't comment on its comparative performance. Having said that, it is clearly noticeable when heating or cooling is on, even at the lower settings.

The lighting on the switching is clearly visible on my car. The rotary switches are themselves illuminated whenever the car lights are on. There is also a small light to the outside of each of the rotary switches which illuminates whenever the rotary switch is moved away from the null position. It shows red when a heating setting is chosen and green when a cooling setting is chosen.

I think you should take it back to the dealer to get it fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the car to my local dealer yesterday and the problem is now fixed. It appears that the heating \ ventilation system had become disconnected from the electrics.

Soon after I bought the car I had a mobile phone hands-free kit installed and I reckon the fitter must have inadvertently unplugged it. Anyway, it's fixed now (free of charge, I hasten to add) so no real harm done.

Just thought I'd share this info on the forum in case anyone else experiences the same problem in the future.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links