Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Placed An Order On My 1st Lexus

I've been driving BMW's for 15 years and am fed up with them - when purchasing a new BMW, you start with a basic shell and then double the price by adding leather, sat nav, electrics etc etc etc

I have just got rid of my X5 and purchased an IS220D Sport with the multimedia pack - The silver one (can't remember the name of the colour - something ice?) with black interior. I pick it up next Saturday and can't wait!!!!

I had never even thought about purchasing a Lexus before. Went out round all the various dealers last week (Jag, BMW, Mercedes, Porsch, etc etc) and then saw Lexus - thought I'd give them a try. Test drove the IS220d SE and fell it love with the drive - amazing. Also, the gizmo's in the car - keyless entry etc - all standard - amazing. So, credit card out........

Can't wait till Saturday. I'll post some pics when I get it.

• 2 weeks later...

You mad man, you could have had a decent car like a BMW and you chose a Lexus!!! :blink:

Only joking, you have made a good choice and I am sure you will love it! I would not want anything else now I have a Lexus.

Welcome mate! :)

Welcome mate you have definately made the right decision :D

Congrats on your purchase. I ordered an is250 last week. Wont get it till september(57 plate) One question I have is the dealer is pushing a polymer coating for exterior and some kind of fabric guard on interior. Did any of you order this and would you reccomend it. Its £500 too.

Congratulations mate, bet you can't wait!

I'm quite impressed by the number of BMW owners that are now moving over to Lexus. My bro's always been a die-hard BMW fan, but seeing his Z4 get towed away after breaking down for the third time in its short life, even he's starting to change his tune...... :lol:

Congrats on your purchase. I ordered an is250 last week. Wont get it till september(57 plate) One question I have is the dealer is pushing a polymer coating for exterior and some kind of fabric guard on interior. Did any of you order this and would you reccomend it. Its £500 too.

Welcome mate - a piece of advice on any "coatings":

That polymer coating is probably nothing more than Supagard or Diamond Bright - which you can get from eBay for less than £25 (Whole kit - which will do 10's of cars) - and they have quoted £500....I'd tell 'em to :tsktsk: and throw it in for free right at the end of the negotiations...

See here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPAGARD-superguard-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Seriously - you can do it yourself for a lot less - and all that 3 year waranty stuff on it is not worth the paper it's written on :blink:

All you need are some decent microfibres or terry cloths and a few hours...remember - it will be new paint so it won't need any polish or special cleaning - just the acrylic sealant and top it with some decent car wax (non Abrasive - like Carnauba p21s).

If you've never "detailed" a car before - don't fret - I hadn't until I bought my 1st Lex last year...it's actually easy.

Anyway - welcome to the club...

PS - some body shop/valeters will do it for a lot less if you can't be inclined...probably for less than £150

One question I have is the dealer is pushing a polymer coating for exterior and some kind of fabric guard on interior. Did any of you order this and would you reccomend it. Its £500 too.

The stealership always pushes the Supaguard treatment...use the search facility for 'Supaguard' on this forum for all the posts.

It's not worth the money in my opinion after having it done originally on my IS200 Sport. You can purchase the same chemicals and have enough to protect your bodywork and fabrics for longer for less than £50.

The other option is to visit the Autopia website http://www.autopia.org/ but you may end up catching the detailing bug...so don't say you were not warned :D

I would say it was a good wax and fabric guard on leather?

Ford do similar. I think its just a way of increasing margin.

One question I have is the dealer is pushing a polymer coating for exterior and some kind of fabric guard on interior. Did any of you order this and would you reccomend it. Its £500 too.

The stealership always pushes the Supaguard treatment...use the search facility for 'Supaguard' on this forum for all the posts.

It's not worth the money in my opinion after having it done originally on my IS200 Sport. You can purchase the same chemicals and have enough to protect your bodywork and fabrics for longer for less than £50.

The other option is to visit the Autopia website http://www.autopia.org/ but you may end up catching the detailing bug...so don't say you were not warned :D

[/quote

Definetly will check those out . tx tango