Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Colour Mesh?

well, ive been incredibly bored tonight, so i thought id do a few modifications to the lex

i had a spare bit of silver mesh laying about from the years of modifying so thought id replace the standard mesh in the sport grill with the smaller weave mesh that i was putting on the lower bumper opening (cut original plastic mesh from bumper)

my dilemma is do i leave both pieces silver or do i paint them both black?

im also spraying the fog lights aswell tommorow to match the black headlights.

my thoughts are would it be too much black at the front end, maybe the silver would break it up a little?

just wanted ur thoughts guys.

had another thought, i could also make a paint mask on the vinyl cutter and then spray a logo on to the mesh of the lower bumper opening. trd or tte for instance.

what u reckon of that?

I tried this when i put the black mesh on my tte bumper looked ok but it has to go at the bottom of the mesh as my number plate blocked most of it out so sprayed it black again? :o i had the silver mesh in at first which looked quite good but i put laquer on it to protect the shine and it went gold after a few days for some reason?? :tomato: :duh:

Spray it Black.....stealth look is good :D

Had mine silver for a while but then changed it back to black.

I never realised that was you :D

My mesh is silver, but that's cause stones on the motorway have chipped away all the black paint. There is a bit of black left where the number plate has protected the mesh.... the number plate has now fallen off, and I can see that the black does look better. At some point I'm going to spay it back to black.

So it's black for me...

S.

my dilemma is do i leave both pieces silver or do i paint them both black?

im also spraying the fog lights aswell tommorow to match the black headlights.

my thoughts are would it be too much black at the front end, maybe the silver would break it up a little?

just wanted ur thoughts guys.

what colour is the car?? i go black as the sections you're replacing are already black and should give you a good indictation on the colour scheme, silver mesh looks a little chavy-come-boy-racer, thats just my opinion though.

also what paint do you use for spaying the ront lights? can you spray the headlight cluster too or just the fogs?

well guys i went for black :D . the mesh is all painted and back in the sports grill. just waiting for a call now so i can go fit the front bumper. lower mesh is painted also ready for fitting.

fogs are all painted and back together. id say if u was going to spray ur lights then start with the fogs, it gives u a bit of insight of what u have to expect with the headlights but on a smaller scale. alot easier than the headlights. just the rear lights to go then im pretty much done with all the blackening out of the car. apart from getting the bonnet sprayed in a week or so, im nearly finished with the front end of the car.

i just used normal gloss black paint and plastic primer for the fogs and the headlights. can buy from any Halfords. its not any special paint needed.

will post some pictures up later when its all back together.

well guys. heres the pics.

this weekend i had the bumper sprayed, filled the number plate recess, sprayed the insides of the fogs, cut the mesh out the bumper and replaced the grill and bumper with the same mesh. quite an eventfull weekend on the modifying front.

number plate repositioning wasnt really my choice as i went with what the painter guy liked. he'd spent alot of time on my car so i felt a little bad by disagreeing with him. lol

Image015.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image017.jpg

and heres what it used to look like

DSC00323.jpg