Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:driving::blink: Has anyone compiled a mobile phone list of the phones that will transfer the address book to the MM in the new IS ? or maybe the network makes a difference.

I have a Nokia 6230i and this doesn't transfer the names and numbers.

Any help with phones would appriciated.

:D Just picked this Lexus on Friday my first always drove Mercedes, very impressed.

OK you lot I have had a look at your forum and there are 2 mobile phones that will work

(1) Sony Ericsson K750i

(2) BlackBerry 8800

:yawn: KNOW ANY MORE?

:driving::blink: Has anyone compiled a mobile phone list of the phones that will transfer the address book to the MM in the new IS ? or maybe the network makes a difference.

I have a Nokia 6230i and this doesn't transfer the names and numbers.

Any help with phones would appriciated.

:D Just picked this Lexus on Friday my first always drove Mercedes, very impressed.

OK you lot I have had a look at your forum and there are 2 mobile phones that will work

(1) Sony Ericsson K750i

(2) BlackBerry 8800

:yawn: KNOW ANY MORE?

To be honest you need to stick with what's known. I have a SE-K750 and N6230, transferred my directory using the SE - no problems.

I have attached a pdf from the dealers (this is a year old) and almost all phones are "2" which is partial compatibility...

PS won't let me attach it....too big a file?

Your dealer may have the latest file......

I've just had a parrot one fitted to my car (not sure who makes the MM one in the IS) but to get it to sync the phonebook I had to donwload some software onto the phone to transfer the phonebook - once it was paired you turned the kit/car off, start the software on the phone and then turn the car/kit on again and when connected the phonebook immediately dumped into the kit. Might be worth a try in the MM system.

The software was the this. Choose your variant and get it to your phone somehow :)

My Motorola V545 would only down-load one entry at a time to the car. Then i had to resort the directory as it had slit names alphabetically. e.g. And david ursula. :angry: Now all i need is someone to ring me to see if it works!

:) Thanks to all

For at least you replied I will ask the dealer for a list of phones he has indicated that Sony Ericssons are the preferred mobile.

nokia 8800 sirocco works perfectly

:) Thanks to all

For at least you replied I will ask the dealer for a list of phones he has indicated that Sony Ericssons are the preferred mobile.

nokia 8800 sirocco works perfectly

I use an Orange SPV M3100 and it works great (unlike with my old Audi A4 Bluetooth)

• 1 month later...
Has anyone tried the nokia n95 with the MM system. Due for upgrade now and would like to stay with nokia if I can.

I have an n91 (which has the same OS as n95) and it works great ... transferred all names and numbers ... even imported both numbers for contacts with 2 entries. For those with more than 2 it created 2 entries which you can edit later. Doesn't give signal or Battery info though, but I'm not bothered about that.

Bluetooth is Bluetooth - the same as far as I know on any phone or device in terms of how it works (i.e. the protocols etc are defined and standard). Both my Nokia 6230i and SEK750i work fine from a basic telephony pespective, with the SE showing Battery and Signal strength too

It just seems that SE phones allow you to do more across Bluetooth - such as transfer the directory, pass Battery and signal strength etc...Nokia does not. It could be controlled by firmware on the phone - and it appears that SE seems to have the greatest number of features and options enabled/available in it's menu's which work over Bluetooth.

Nokia appear to be setup to allow basic call control and key pad actions and that's it - so they are ideal for Headsets and such devices, but don't appear to have the programming/Bluetooth setup to do the other things. You might want to talk to Nokia to see if they have enhanced firmware which gives you more Bluetoothable options - try their websites.

I have a new Nokia 6300 - fantastic phone by the way. It shows Battery and signal strength when connected to the MM. Prior to that I had a 6230 which did not show signal strength or Battery. The 6300 claims that you can mark all contacts and then transfer them but it didn't work when I tried it. Must try and give it another go.

Connection wise both the 6230 and the 6300 connected seamlessly and without problem. In between I had a Nokia E50 which I found awful to use and kept having problems as far as Bluetooth is concerned. Would disconnect without warning etc.

Contact list download worked fine with my Nokia N73 to my IS250 SE-L

I have a question, does anyone have a complete list of the voice commands available for each application of the Mulimedia system. There does not seem to be one in the manual?

You can select Help within the MM and I think it shows a list of all the commands. Don't recall seeing a list on here though. Perhaps someone with a little time on their hands could list them all...

I had a nokia N73 that would connect whenever IT felt like it, and if the phone rang it would take 10+ seconds to connect to the system. This meant a lot of people hung up before getting to chat. :whistling:

My new N95 is perfect, and shows Battery and signal strength. :winky:

Am getting N95 delivered tommorrow, cars not coming for another 2months. Battery strengh etc would be nice but I will be satisfied if it will connect when I get in and out without any party tricks being needed.

• 6 months later...
Am i right in sayin Iphone does not have a sim?

The Iphone does have a SIM, but it is locked to O2, you can "Jailbreak" an Iphone and use with a different carrier. The phonebook isn't a problem for me as I have and old Nokia, MacBook and the Iphone. I use iSync on the MacBook to keep the three in sync and then transfer the phonebook using the Nokia.