Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Door Locking

theb

I know there are several threads already about this but I am not sure if I the answer I am looking for is in any of the replies.

On my Dec 02 IS 200 sport I lock the door with one press of the remote and engage the dead locks with a second press - and you hear another click.

Ok.... you know all that already.....

My question is - what if I press the remote a third or fourth time? I hear a click again but what is happening? Sorry if that is a stupid question - just curious!! :withstupid:

Thanks in advance.

B

Hi Liam,

On your 2000 model you only need to press the lock button once to double lock your car (deadlock). If you press the lock button a second time the indicators will flash 5 times indicating that the interior motion sensor has been disabled. The locking system was revised at the back end of 2001.

I've wondered this myself, but I suspect it's the "just lock" motors operating again.

The lights flash as though it's a standard lock every time apart from the second press. The interesting question, for those that get excited about this, is whether the third press *disengages* the deadlocks, or leaves them active....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links