Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a 2006 is250 with the standard sound system. I noticed when playing an iPod Nano through the aux connection, that some songs seem to be missing an entire stereo channel - but they sound fine when using headphones.

I talked to Lexus Service about this and the guy played his iPod - newer, bigger model - and it sound pretty good, using my cable. I'm not using any power adapter, so that's not the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue - does anyone know why this is occurring.

the songs that have the problem are older - early Rolling Stones, etc. - and have been taken off the CD.

thanks

Has anyone else had this issue - does anyone know why this is occurring.

the songs that have the problem are older - early Rolling Stones, etc. - and have been taken off the CD.

Don't have a similar problem with my iPod, and I've got some early Stones and stuff off CD's...sorry. I do have to disconnect the charger when playing though as it generates noise. :angry:

Rennis. I have found that playing songs that have been compressed at 128bit either on iPod device or off CD sound poor in quality. If you compress at 192bit they sound the same as CD quality. Also, turn the volume up on the iPod device and not on the car stero, as the other way around tends to sound distorted as well.

I've got the 4th Generation iPod and haven't experienced any problems. I turn the volume on the iPod up to full volume and then back a couple of clicks and the sound is fine.

Like Tango, with the charger plugged in (in the cigar lighter socket as I can't find a charger small enough for the one in the arm-rest) there is a lot of "noise".

The main problem I've got is that I've got a couple of compilations with about 200 songs on each file, I keep forgetting to turn the iPod off when I get out of the car and if one of those compilations is playing, the iPod Battery is flat next time I get in.

I should reall burn a load of MP3 discs, but can't be :tsktsk: as it means I'll have to burn everything twice - once to the iPod for my summer hols and again for the car...

Like Tango, with the charger plugged in (in the cigar lighter socket as I can't find a charger small enough for the one in the arm-rest) there is a lot of "noise".

The in-car iPod charger that I have is from apple and fits easily under the arm rest, so no cables on show. When I'm using the iPod I just lift up the charger in the socket just enough to disconnect power, then push it back in when I change from the AUX input to recharge.

Still forget to switch the iPod off occasionally, so it discharges the Battery, but it's beneficial to fully cycle it now and again :)

I compress mine to 320kb, not sure if I can hear the difference between 192kb and 320kb, I feel better knowing it is the best quality it can be, plus I have loads of space on my ipod.

I also get the engine rev whistle and crackle if I have the charger plugged in whilst listening, I generally charge it and run it flat in the car. I also forget to switch it off so its left running for the night! Shame there is not built in ipod link into the car, so you have full control from the steering wheel. Fiddling with the ipod is as bad as using a mobile phone whilst driving and you could get done for it as well. :(

....Like Tango, with the charger plugged in (in the cigar lighter socket as I can't find a charger small enough for the one in the arm-rest) there is a lot of "noise".....

This is a Monster Cable Ultra-Low Profile Charger for iPod With Dock Connection. It fits under the armrest and works a treat.

ipodcharge.jpg

....Like Tango, with the charger plugged in (in the cigar lighter socket as I can't find a charger small enough for the one in the arm-rest) there is a lot of "noise".....

This is a Monster Cable Ultra-Low Profile Charger for iPod With Dock Connection. It fits under the armrest and works a treat.

ipodcharge.jpg

Thats the one I have and I get engine rev whistle through the speakers when I have that plugged in. It needs some sort of supressor fitted to it. Perhaps a ferrite bead? Or is that just for monitors?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links