Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sensors

I think one is for the auto headlights like you say, and the other is for the dashboard lights - I know in mine the dashboard lights illuminate at a different level when I go under a bridge even if the auto headlights might not come on :)

Oh hang on, just read that one could be a temp sensor for the aircon system - I'm not 100% sure but someone will be along to confirm either way :)

So is that what the "auto" feature is for on the dials? (I'm not meaning the temp auto dial)

Jamie

Well the auto on the left means it can switch which vents the air comes out of automatically, and the one on the right decides on the fan speed automatically (not sure what you mean by the temp auto dial :P )

Obviously the solar sensor will have something to do with it, but you'll prob also notice even in the dark in cold weather that it won't always have heat blowing out of the same set of vents if on "auto".........

So is that what the "auto" feature is for on the dials? (I'm not meaning the temp auto dial)

Jamie

Well the auto on the left means it can switch which vents the air comes out of automatically, and the one on the right decides on the fan speed automatically (not sure what you mean by the temp auto dial :P )

Obviously the solar sensor will have something to do with it, but you'll prob also notice even in the dark in cold weather that it won't always have heat blowing out of the same set of vents if on "auto".........

Ah right, how does it determine, or for what purpose, which vent it should blow air through then?

Jamie

Ah right, how does it determine, or for what purpose, which vent it should blow air through then?

Jamie

It's not that sophisticated to be honest, it seems with both warm and cold air, the main change it makes is that once the car reaches the right temperature, the system blocks the centre vents.

Will then mainly swap between the windscreen, feet and side vents or combinations of these every so often so ensure even airflow.

You'll notice how the solar sensor works when the sun's out - when the car reaches the correct temperature and stops using the centre vents, if you then turn into direct sunlight, you'll feel them come back on again