Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paintless Dent Removal - Does This Work?!

aido

Just saw these links over on another forum - do any of you know if these will work as the comments on Youtube are split...

4rIKo6241vg

w2R3QQejjGI

No reason why it shouldn't work. Not too clear about applying the hairdryer though as the contraction from the CO2 should be just as effective from ambient. I have a small ding in the IS200 so I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Will be well pi$$ed of it it does though as it cost me £60 quid to remove a similar dint in my IS250 door...and it's just as likely the guy used the same technique (I wasn't allowed to see what he did).

Does that ice cubes thing work well on the carpet then - mine are covered in indentations from where stuff has been, or is it only for when you're temporarily moving stuff and it makes it bounce back?

had five dents in the boot had scratches envy scratches on both doors and one bomber scraped and shopping trolley dent cost £80.00 with dentmaster was here 3 hours well impressed would reccomend if your east mids have number used several occasions :)

Yeah they were great, I'm just looking into getting the Aristo done before show season, it's peppered in dings which I've picked up over the last few weeks, at one point got three new dings in ONE day - it does my bloody head in!

Yeah it does my head in mate!

Just noticed where you are - there's a meet organised over on UltraJap down Nottingham way tomorrow lunch time, have a look and it would be good to see you at one of the midlands meets in the SC :)

Does that ice cubes thing work well on the carpet then - mine are covered in indentations from where stuff has been, or is it only for when you're temporarily moving stuff and it makes it bounce back?

Yep....we deep clean the carpet in the living room once a year and once furniture is removed place an ice-cube on the spot, let it melt (it relaxes the fibres), clean the carpet....hoover......job done.

had five dents in the boot had scratches envy scratches on both doors and one bomber scraped and shopping trolley dent cost £80.00 with dentmaster was here 3 hours well impressed would reccomend if your east mids have number used several occasions :)

Have you got the number for the poeple you used mate.

I've got a couple of scratches from previous owner i'd like removed.

Not actually sure, but I'd love to find out as you can make some quality cocktails with it :D

OK, tried it on the small dint (about the size of a 50p piece on the IS200 roof)...didn't work. I used a can you get at DIY places for freezing the water in the pipes when making a local repair.

Looked on the 'net and found:

I have not seen mention of this for some time. The principle is based on cooling one side of the metal quickly making it bend due to the outside being colder, and therefore fractionally shorter, than the inside. It will only work largish indents with no metal creasing, and may not work if there is sound deadening material on the inside, as with some door panels.

The liquid CO2 can be obtained in many ways, the cheapest being to borrow a tank from a pub, if you know a friendly landlord. You need a fair amount of the stuff so although you can get it in small cans at electronic shops for cooling PCB's, it would prove more expensive than hiring a panel beater!

PLEASE beware!!!!!!!! Liquid CO2 will come out and turn very cold, easily -150C and will burn you skin like instant frostbite. Even the end of the bottle can get very cold. Take care and wear very thick gloves with rubber outside. Do not use woollen or fabric on the outside as this will trap the CO2 and burn your fingers

So it doesnt work with small dents and it may not work with insulation on the inside. :unsure: Oh well, tried and failed. Looks like the roof lining is going to have to come out so I can pop it out from the inside.

well the quote above is very flawed - " co2 from a pub" yes they have bottle of co2 and there is liquid in the tank but dont expect any liquid to come out of the tank! The PCB stuff is a cooling spray and normally about -50 not -150.

I have never seen dry ice for sale normally in the UK. In the US its at nearly every supermarket and we have a machine at work for making it - great to cool your drinks down!