Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Stereo Unit

Hi all

I am about to purchase a stereo unit for my 2000(W) is200 SE as the one in the car has ERR3 showing currently. The new stereo unit came out of the 54 plate, which is much newer model. Does it compatible with my old lexus? if not, is/are they anyway around it.

Many thanks

evi :)

Hi mate,

Is your old unit a bottom loader or a top loader, is the CD at the top of the unit or at the bottom? If its a bottom loader, then the unit out of the 54 plate car won't fit, as it will be a top loader. Bottom loaders and top loaders have different connectors in the back I believe.

I think bottom loader units were installed in the early IS's (99-early 2000), in late 2000, Lexus started fitting top loader units.

Hope this helps.

Hi mate,

Is your old unit a bottom loader or a top loader, is the CD at the top of the unit or at the bottom? If its a bottom loader, then the unit out of the 54 plate car won't fit, as it will be a top loader. Bottom loaders and top loaders have different connectors in the back I believe.

I think bottom loader units were installed in the early IS's (99-early 2000), in late 2000, Lexus started fitting top loader units.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reply yes the cd unit is a bottom loader...currently it flashes the ERR3 message, well if it isn't compatible guess I'll be looking for the working unit bottom load...will all the early unit (bottom loader) compatibility with each other?

thanks

evi

A bottom loading unit should be compatible with your car, but I'd double check before buying.

Have you considered installing an aftermarket unit, many people here have done this when their OEM units fail. Have a search. You could also get your existing unit repaired, google Autosound, I think their based in Bradford.

All depends on how deep your pockets are..........

Hi all

I am about to purchase a stereo unit for my 2000(W) is200 SE as the one in the car has ERR3 showing currently. The new stereo unit came out of the 54 plate, which is much newer model. Does it compatible with my old lexus? if not, is/are they anyway around it.

Many thanks

evi :)

I have a 99 plate bottom loading CD player for sale. If your intrested.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links