Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ciggy Lighter Wiring/replacement

I'm planning to add a ciggy lighter to the box in the centre console behind the handbrake, I have a spare one that has a long metal "stick" at the back and one clip on the side, but the original ciggy lighter at the front has 2 connectors on the side. Do I need to get another one that has the same type of connectors?

For those wondering why I'm asking, I recently got the centre armrest, but the new box that replaces the original has a big round hole in it, I assume it is designed for a ciggy lighter there. See pic below, I have put my spare plug in at the moment, and preferably wire it up if compatible:

p1020807oc3.jpg

I'm planning to add a ciggy lighter to the box in the centre console behind the handbrake, I have a spare one that has a long metal "stick" at the back and one clip on the side, but the original ciggy lighter at the front has 2 connectors on the side. Do I need to get another one that has the same type of connectors?

For those wondering why I'm asking, I recently got the centre armrest, but the new box that replaces the original has a big round hole in it, I assume it is designed for a ciggy lighter there. See pic below, I have put my spare plug in at the moment, and preferably wire it up if compatible:

p1020807oc3.jpg

if i remember right it should go in ok..

1 wre is for power

1 wire is earth

1 wire is illumination