Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wonder if anyone out there can help me in my dilemma please........

Having previously had a wonderful IS200 that I had to swap for a diesel bus (Seat Alhambra) due to mainly fitting the family into one car plus being close to losing my licence (naughty I know) I'm now in the market for my next company car.

Have decided 99.99% to go with the IS220D SE, fits nicely into my company car banding, hardly any difference on tax when compared with the Seat and I just love the whole Lexus experience. Was initially having 2nd thoughts after reading the so called experts reviews on the engine but you guys have managed to give me confidence, plus the test drive was perfectly OK, plenty of power when compared to what I'm used to - 130BHP TDI bus..........

My dilemma then is quite simple - what colour should I have?! I really do need to have the black leather interior - cannot see any other option with young kids!

Initially liked the Windsor blue, looked out of this world in the showroom but having seen one on the road, not so keen as it looked very dull, didn't have so much of the 'wow' factor.

Now thinking about the Mesa Red but haven't seen one around - not sure if this is good or bad? Ideally, would love the black but as it's not metallic not so keen plus the Seat is black and is abysmal to keep clean. My previous IS200 was in the T????? red - the one that was sort of burnt orange (although my staff swore blind it was pink!).

Give me some inspiration please, going out of my mind here (and driving my fleet manager up the wall keep changing my mind!!)

Thanks in advance.....

Wonder if anyone out there can help me in my dilemma please........

Having previously had a wonderful IS200 that I had to swap for a diesel bus (Seat Alhambra) due to mainly fitting the family into one car plus being close to losing my licence (naughty I know) I'm now in the market for my next company car.

Have decided 99.99% to go with the IS220D SE, fits nicely into my company car banding, hardly any difference on tax when compared with the Seat and I just love the whole Lexus experience. Was initially having 2nd thoughts after reading the so called experts reviews on the engine but you guys have managed to give me confidence, plus the test drive was perfectly OK, plenty of power when compared to what I'm used to - 130BHP TDI bus..........

My dilemma then is quite simple - what colour should I have?! I really do need to have the black leather interior - cannot see any other option with young kids!

Initially liked the Windsor blue, looked out of this world in the showroom but having seen one on the road, not so keen as it looked very dull, didn't have so much of the 'wow' factor.

Now thinking about the Mesa Red but haven't seen one around - not sure if this is good or bad? Ideally, would love the black but as it's not metallic not so keen plus the Seat is black and is abysmal to keep clean. My previous IS200 was in the T????? red - the one that was sort of burnt orange (although my staff swore blind it was pink!).

Give me some inspiration please, going out of my mind here (and driving my fleet manager up the wall keep changing my mind!!)

Thanks in advance.....

Nice move, only one choice:

post-11584-1178640915.jpg

Thanks for the pic - certainly does look an impressive colour.

Nearly decided!!

Does look very different to some of the other pictures I've seen knocking about for the so called red colour (attached example)......is this the same colour or for a different region maybe?

post-18402-1178641938.jpg

Ive got the Windsor Blue and think it looks stunning when clean due the 3 pack mica paint giving different affects in different light.

The downside is thats its a pain in the backside to keep clean and every time you do clean it you have to spend ages polishing it.

So in my opinion given the choice again i would go for Messa Red and spend more time in the pub.

Hope this helps

Many thanks for the quick comments- very much appreciated

Think that has just about made my mind up to go for the Messa Red - looks very impressive and think the comment about Photoshop was right - picture looks different (and better) again on my home PC.

Only 4 months to wait now so I'm told by local Lexus dealership...... :(

There are two or three new IS on my estate in that colour - it's crackers!

I personally prefer the black or whatever the graphite colour is called nowadays, I like my dark cars :D

Hi ..........for what it's worth I've bought the metallic black. I didn't realised there was a difference between black and metallic until I saw the metallic black. I admit its a bugger to keep clean but looks stunning when it is. Seems to combine class and aggression perfectly!!

I agree with you about the so called expert reviews. I was questioning my decision until I drove one and found out that the reviews were way off the mark.. Even my brother an Audi enthusiast agreed the reviews were no way near the mark!!

I'm swaying again!!

Is there a metallic black available? Thought it was only basic flat black?

I'm swaying again!!

GJD,

I can assure you there is a metallic black. I'll try taking some pics this evening and posting. If not this evening then this weekend.

I specifically asked for metallic black but I was told there are two types, flat / matte black and metallic black.

The metallic black has got this shine to it that makes the car look about 20% better than the matte black in my opinion.

I'm swaying again!!

GJD,

I can assure you there is a metallic black. I'll try taking some pics this evening and posting. If not this evening then this weekend.

I specifically asked for metallic black but I was told there are two types, flat / matte black and metallic black.

The metallic black has got this shine to it that makes the car look about 20% better than the matte black in my opinion.

if there is a metallic black available, would be interested, as you say, sod to keep clean but black does have that something about it.......

Thanks

Can you assure all of us as I was not aware of a metallic black, even the Lexus site does not have it and only the previous flat black colour.

Lexus Site

What is the name of it?

The Velvet Black I believe is the new Black (I believe)

I still think that with Lexus paint/finish, whilst it looks good when it's clean and very "flat" (little orange peel effect) when new, it scratches and scuffs soo easily....you've been warned!

Even my Red looks ghastly in one or two places, stone chips, odd accidental scuff etc show up due to the light primers coats. It's not terribly resilient to normal use and I need to get a chip stick!!

No competition.. Black looks stunning when clean but oh does it get dirty quickly! So really only one choice.

Haven't worked out how to change avator yet!

post-1268-1178724555.jpg

No competition.. Black looks stunning when clean but oh does it get dirty quickly! So really only one choice.

Haven't worked out how to change avator yet!

Thanks Wallace, looks a superb colour in your picture, think I'm going to go for that and place my order tomorrow!

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful - really appreciated! :)

Ok GJD, we went for the Black interior which actually has grey above the doors, we test drove one with a beige interior and when the sun shone it lit up the inside like a sunburst and you coundn't much out of the rear view mirror. Also Beige will be difficult to keep clean. IMHO

Ok GJD, we went for the Black interior which actually has grey above the doors, we test drove one with a beige interior and when the sun shone it lit up the inside like a sunburst and you coundn't much out of the rear view mirror. Also Beige will be difficult to keep clean. IMHO

Thanks - I'm going for the black leather interior too, as you say, will be far easier to stay looking clean, especially with young kids

Roll on 4 months.............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links