Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Autolock Disabled

Until about a week ago my doors autolocked after about 30 seconds. I must have disabled this feature somehow.

Anyone able to tell me how to reactivate autolock on IS300?

Sorry....stupid question withdrawn.

The autolock works as it should. ie after unlocking with the remote and not opening the door within 30 secs.

Apologies to all.

the setting is the same on an is200 but no autolock when driving etc - you would have to install an aftermarket module or make one - no one i know of here has done it though.

Here's another autolock related question. If I leave my wife in the car with a cheesecake on her lap and go back into the house *snigger*, the car autolocks. Does that then arm the internal sensors? She sat there for a good 5 mins paralysed with fear the alarm would go off, barely blinking or breathing *lol*. So would she have set the alarm off after the auto lock had armed?

(I may or may not be honest with her about this if the answer is no, it was very funny with her unable to move)

haha it would only lock if u press the button..... and then it depends what year of car u have if the sensors are on or not...

I can't remember the year ranges but on early years I think a second push of the lock button deadlocks it and on later models the second push (within 10secs) deactivates the internal sensors.

I have a yr2000 IS200 Sport.

So it would only arm the internal sensor if I pressed 'lock' on the key fob?

In that case what does the autolock do if you unlock the car then don't open it for 30s, just arm the door alarms?

I have a yr2000 IS200 Sport.

So it would only arm the internal sensor if I pressed 'lock' on the key fob?

In that case what does the autolock do if you unlock the car then don't open it for 30s, just arm the door alarms?

right as this has been discussed sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times and the mods still cant be arsed to make it a sticky HINT HINT

early cars 1 press( 2 flashes) deadlocks car and internal sensor, 2nd press( 5 indicator flashes) no deadlock no internal sensor alarm still on.

later cars 1 press locks but no deadlocks, internal sensor on, 2nd press dealock and internal sensor on.

all years if car is unlocked with fob and door is not opened within 30 secs doors relock

If she was in the car, it wouldn't have autolocked - you had to have locked it with the key.

And yes, if you only pressed the lock button once, then the interior sensors are active

I recently went on a drive, I locked the doors whilst driving cos I don't trust chavs, I arrived early and waited in the car for a bit, I took my keys out of my ignition and used the fob button to unlock the doors, after the 30 seconds it locked again, and within a minute i'd reached over my seat to grab my jacket and off went the alarm, I'll just do it again and see

I recently went on a drive, I locked the doors whilst driving cos I don't trust chavs, I arrived early and waited in the car for a bit, I took my keys out of my ignition and used the fob button to unlock the doors, after the 30 seconds it locked again, and within a minute i'd reached over my seat to grab my jacket and off went the alarm, I'll just do it again and see

yes thats normal.....

yeh i thought so, I just did it again, so basically, if you unlock the car, and it autolocks, it also arms the alarm, hope thats cleared that up, as for the cheesecake, i'd be getting the wife to clean it up herself.... :P

its the same as if you open the car and jump in but dont put the keys in the ignition after some time the alarm will go off as i found out one day i jumped in and threw keys onto seat while i made a call and off it went!!!

early cars 1 press( 2 flashes) deadlocks car and internal sensor, 2nd press( 5 indicator flashes) no deadlock no internal sensor alarm still on.

later cars 1 press locks but no deadlocks, internal sensor on, 2nd press dealock and internal sensor on.

all years if car is unlocked with fob and door is not opened within 30 secs doors relock

I have a W/2000 IS200 and if I press the lock button once, I only get 1 flash... maybe mine's faulty?

I had to laugh at the cheesecake incident too, as I've done exactly the same thing but my wife was holding a very heavy and fancy wedding cake with loads of spindly decorations and flowers coming out the top of it... she wasn't best pleased...

I have a W/2000 IS200 and if I press the lock button once, I only get 1 flash... maybe mine's faulty?

I have 2000X and mines only one flash when locking, thats normal, its 2 flashes when u unlock