Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Leaving The World Of Lexus.....

Hi all, I have had my Is200 sport since october 2006, I bought it as the clio 172 we had was loosing money like it was going out of fashion and we had a little one on the way.

The IS200 ticked all the boxes and is roomy enough for a child and all the gear plus a bit of shopping

It is a great car BUT it is not my first love :( .

I have for a number of years been fascinated by the ****el rotary engine, and have worked on and driven a few of the original daddy of the ****el engine the NSU RO80, a real smooth concept of engineering albeit with there problems.

In the 1960's mazda hooked onto the ****el engine and stuck by it through thick and thin, and over the years they have produced a smooth reliable engine.

So, the first love I have is for the Mazda RX8, it was out of my budget, but circumstances have changed and now allow me the option to purchase the dream car.

It is not quite as large as the Is200 but is a compromise from a saloon car into a true sports car, and still allows me room to fit all the childs needs into the car.

The down sides is the hungry needs of the engine, oil and petrol being a high prioty but then I only do about 4000miles a year at the moment.

If I don't do it now then I may never as there are intentions to increase the size of our family and two children will not fit in the RX8 :blink:

Its better to have love and lost then not to of loved at all :sick: LOL

The wife suggested to go and drive one to see if i like the way it drives, what a mistake to make, I loved it and did not want to get out, i had to be pulled out screaming and kicking like a kid who'd dropped his ice cream!!! :lol:

I have put a holding deposit on the car so it is not sold and now have to make sure the decision is right :shifty:

Can i part with my Lexus??? It is going to be difficult as really it is a great car, I don't know.....its just sooooooooooooooooooo difficult, what do you guys think????? Should I follow the dream or should i leave it as just a dream, or will i regret it later on??? I can always buy another lexus when the family grows some more......

Laters a confused Pumatron. :duh:

I can always buy another lexus when the family grows some more......

The RX8 looks stunning, and you obviously loved the test drive. To me, it seems like you've answered your own question there.

Enjoy!

Though I always find it a BIG hassle fitting a child seat in a 2/3 door vehicle, but that's just me.

Try 4.......

mazda-rx-8--20061030004503828.jpg

pho_gallery_RX8_int12.jpg

I know how you feel, I too am going to the dark side. I love the Lexus for what it is and have had no issues what so ever but always had a yarning for the 8. I will be putting mine in for a part-ex next week. So if anyone wants a bargain PM me :crybaby: ;)

When you're on your death bed....will you regret not having ever owned an RX8? I would. Mind you I'll also regret it if I've never owned a De Lorean (Yeah I know they're crap but that doesn't matter) or a proper supercar. (I had a Dino for a bit, loved it, sold it, still have the photos to remind me....just like Mr. Ben).

get the RX8, i felt the same way about the IS200!!!!

i had a fiat punto at the time that was a :tsktsk: and came into some money, not much but enough to get a lexus is200. without hesitation i bought it!

im slowly running out of money to keep it running and one day it will go but i can now be happy that i have owned one :D

Jason :P

You do realise you cant actually travel back in time in a de lorean?? :lol:

Whatttt? Don't mess with my head! Of course you can go back in time in one. I saw it on a three part Saturday afternoon documentary last Christmas. Think it had that boy band McFly in it.

Hmmmm

My bro got one when they first came out, they are OK but need regular oil top ups and the ***** drops out of them resale wise will prolly drop as quick as your clio .

Oh and you will become very friedly with your petrol station owner :)

You do realise you cant actually travel back in time in a de lorean?? :lol:

Whatttt? Don't mess with my head! Of course you can go back in time in one. I saw it on a three part Saturday afternoon documentary last Christmas. Think it had that boy band McFly in it.

:lol:

• 1 month later...
That's mega, but Delorean's are just immense, they look good, hopefully drive good, and when you hit 88mph, they're just like nothing else on the road :D

I want a Delorean :D

That's just........ mega :D

88mph might be against he law but who's bothered when you end up 30 years in the future :D