Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Would You Have

yup R32. I used to work at a place that had one of these out the back in a parking spot, never moved for weeks and weeks and weeks, no idea who owned it. It was still there when I left the place. Criminal waste.

As everyone else, R32 every time. Quality and speed in spades, if you really need more boot space then the MPS but they are a bit plasticky inside and don't have anywhere near the kudos or feel-good factor of the R!

Whats DSG

Stands for Direct Shift Gearbox, basically it has 2 clutches for fast shifting. So basically you have one clutch for gears 1, 3, 5 and a secind clutch for 2, 4, 6. Its is VW Groups Auto box with flappy paddles :)

Whats DSG

It's the audi double clutch gearbox

...which is like an auto with paddle shift if needed. A bit clunky when slow but awaseome when giving it some, seems to anticipate every gear change B) and improves speed and average mpg at the same time strangely :D

EDIT - Lee, beat me to it!

Whats DSG

Stands for Direct Shift Gearbox, basically it has 2 clutches for fast shifting. So basically you have one clutch for gears 1, 3, 5 and a secind clutch for 2, 4, 6. Its is VW Groups Auto box with flappy paddles :)

Hmmm not a big lover of padle shift gearboxes, prefer the old fasioned way

Hmmm not a big lover of padle shift gearboxes, prefer the old fasioned way

Thye were my exact words before I tried it :o

Take one for a test drive and see if you like it. I know you really like the MPS so you always got a fallback car ;)

is the older version as good as the new ?

Nope, the new one is in a different league, I'd say almost as good as the MkI and MkII GTi's. The MkIII and MkIV were pants. Sorry to anyone who may own one but they were a complete waste of manpower. Which is why the sales of GTi's fell over the previous years.

Had an MPS for a short test drive recently Chris, but didn't like it at all. Talk about rattle your teeth! But then I was comparing it with a Lexus. So go Golf :D