Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well I have done it, I knew this would happen despite my precautions with the key. I managed to accidently open my windows at some point this morning by pressing my unlock button, went out for my lunch and my car and the seats are soaking wet!!!! :(

I called my Lexus dealer and said is there any way this annoying feature can be disabled and there is, so I am booked in to have it switched off. The dealer also said there a loads of options you can have turned on and off on these cars now. To have this feature turned off is going to be charged at .2 hours labour £22 +VAT to get that done! One nice thing is the doing the windows up feature is seperate, so I get to keep that one and lose the undoing option.

I asked if he has had lots of cars in with this and they have, especially women where they leave their keys in their handbags!

I feel it should be default to off!

Well I have done it, I knew this would happen despite my precautions with the key. I managed to accidently open my windows at some point this morning by pressing my unlock button, went out for my lunch and my car and the seats are soaking wet!!!! :(

I called my Lexus dealer and said is there any way this annoying feature can be disabled and there is, so I am booked in to have it switched off. The dealer also said there a loads of options you can have turned on and off on these cars now. To have this feature turned off is going to be charged at .2 hours labour £22 +VAT to get that done! One nice thing is the doing the windows up feature is seperate, so I get to keep that one and lose the undoing option.

I asked if he has had lots of cars in with this and they have, especially women where they leave their keys in their handbags!

I feel it should be default to off!

Are you serious - they'll be charging you?

Sorry to hear that you soaked your car!

It does seem like a bit of a silly to have as a default :blink:

You'll find that many cars are set up like that (auto-closure feature) - it's great on a hot day when you can walk up to the car while the windows roll down. I'm just shocked they have the cheek to charge you...when on some german cars you can actually configure this and much more yourself...

I've put the fob inside a lether pouch...no problems yet!!

Tried locking mine yesterday, but it kept beeping at me and refused to lock. Couldn't work it out for a moment, then realised I'd left my jacket in the car with the key in one of the pockets :blush:

Well I spoke to the service department at Lexus Bracknell and they are going to do the customization for free, which is wonderful of them.... :)

Going in today to get it switched off.

If any of you ever do go to Lexus Bracknell, there is a young lady there called Mel who has to be the most customer focussed and helpful person I have ever had the fortune to meet. I think the centre managers need to recognise how important the after sales service is, having someone like Mel in their business can earn the garage a lot of money as I will go back to buy another Lexus knowing I will be looked after.

It is amazing, with my Honda motorcycle it is a totally different experience, the garage I use is the biggest waste of space I have ever come across! I will not name names, but one thing for sure, I will not be buying another Honda! :(

May get a personalisation list off the dealer and see what other features I can switch on and off.