Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bottom Ball Joint

Rogue

Just had the car in the garage. I was occasionaly hearing a noise coming from the front wheels. Mechanic test drove it but nothing. Then put it up on the ramps (I asked them to give it a thorough check) & found a worn bottom ball joint. No big problem. So when I collected it & spoke to the mechanic he says,

"Glad you told me it was the front cause could not hear anything, & hardly anything ever goes wrong with these cars." He then told me he has bought a BMW & thought about the IS200, now he wishes he had gone with the Lex not the BMW.

Anyway always good to hear from someone in the trade that the Lexus IS200 is, as we all know, a solid reliable motor. :D

Good to hear some positive feedback from a mechanic on your car.

Not long after i bought mine it had to go for an MOT and i was bricking it as my last car had more problems than Michael Jackson at a nursery!!

Anyway passed without a problem and the tester said the car was spot on and a lovely car :D

Then got it serviced and again the same thing no problems and what a lovely car both also said that they dont see many IS or any lexus cars very often due to them having no problems!!

My IS has just been in the garage for low speed knocking at front drivers side, however I have not heard the noise for a few days, and the mechanic couldn't find a problem.

Self healing cars, nice one Lexus ;)

(probably paranoia on my part tbh)

• 4 weeks later...
My IS has just been in the garage for low speed knocking at front drivers side, however I have not heard the noise for a few days, and the mechanic couldn't find a problem.

Self healing cars, nice one Lexus ;)

(probably paranoia on my part tbh)

hi pete have same noise from offside front been told it could be antiroll tie bar any one any other ideas thanks :D