Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A-plan - Quoted Me Happy

Just had to renew my insurance on the IS. I was insured with Sky Insurance as last year I had 6 months left to run on my policy when I bought the IS - it made no financial sense to stop that policy and start a new one.

Renewal came in at £541 ( a rise on last years total premium of £50) but now I had 7yrs ncb protected, parked on a driveway and with 10k business use 14k annual mileage.

I used confused.com and got prices from around £488. I rang A-Plan and they quoted me £452.50 so they got my business.

Very happy now !

Yeah - had 1 fault accident years ago when I was on parents insurance - and then in 1999 had a non-fault accident so have been lucky considering how much time I'm on the road.

I've also got 5 years on my other car - but the insurance companies in this country are only just getting the idea that it's the driver who is the risk not the car - so should apply all your no claims to whatever vehicle you drive.

I had a non fault accident and didnt claim on my insurance claimed in the person that hit me but yet my insurance company still put up my policy by £10 :angry:

That does not make sense, and when i asked them why they said that due to a survey carried out people who had non fault accidents where more likely to have fault accidents!! :huh:

What a pile of :tsktsk:

I had a non fault accident and didnt claim on my insurance claimed in the person that hit me but yet my insurance company still put up my policy by £10 :angry:

That does not make sense, and when i asked them why they said that due to a survey carried out people who had non fault accidents where more likely to have fault accidents!! :huh:

WHAT! So you are more likely to cause an accident if some muppet runs into you. Thats some great application of logic.

Survey my arse.

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT! So you are more likely to cause an accident if some muppet runs into you. Thats some great application of logic.

Survey my arse.

I think there's probably a grain of truth in it though. It takes two people to have an accident - and to take an extreme example, if one of them is doing 90 in a 30 limit and someone pulls out in front of them, well technically it's the person pulling out who's at fault but we all know the real cause of the accident. I know that's an extreme example, but you can see what I mean?

Certainly there seem to be some people who are always having accidents - but strangely it was never their fault! There's a saying most bikers know - every accident you ever have is your fault. No exceptions: you should have expected that bloke to pull out; you didn't leave enough room when overtaking that car in case he did something stupid; you should have anticipated that car was going to turn right. It certainly makes you drive/ride a lot more defensively, and as a result you have less accidents both fault and non-fault.

Of course, if someone just piles into the back of you in a queue of traffic there's not much you could do about it, but if two cars are moving and there is a collision, then if just one of them had been slightly more defensive in their driving then the accident would never have happened at all. I think that's where the insurance companies are coming from; some people aggressively assert their rights to a particular piece of tarmac, and whilst they may be the ones in the right in the eyes of the law, the accident still happens because *both* parties didn't do all they could have to avoid it. Multiply that up by millions of drivers doing hundreds of millions of miles a year, and you end up with a situation where statistically speaking drivers who have multiple non-fault accidents are more likely to be involved in accidents of any sort. Insurance companies don't deal with 'individuals', they deal with statistics drawn from decades of experience with millions of drivers.

I was parked up, not in the car and someone reversed into me :crybaby:

I know what you are saying and i do agree that there are some loony's about that bring it on themselves but i think they should go on what type of accident it is rather than generalise and just say non fault accident.

Nice one from A Plan. They were really helpfull and by far the best deal on my IS 250. Rang round the normal Insurers and A plan still came on top.

Make sure u ask them about their multi policy as they also gave me a discount for my missis Volvo as I did it at the same time. Spoke with Leo who said I also get a discount off my House insurance so they are looking into that for me too.