Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Direct Car Insurance

kam05

Sorry to create another topic on car insurance, but I want to share my experience with you guys.

Bought car insurance for the IS2 through First Direct back in Febuary, as they came back the cheapest when I searched on the net, they even came back cheaper than A Plan. Quote from First Direct- £432 (inc legal protection & NCB protection (or so I thought). I have been claim free for 4 years, so obviously I want to protect something I worked so hard to get. Great! Renewal with existing insurer was £530.

Got a letter from First Direct yesterday saying NCB protection removed 'as requested'. Why would I want to request to remove my NCD protection???

Just got off the phone, why NCB protection removed, got told we only under quote to your renewal premium to get your business and on a like-for-like basis. I specifically requested a quote with NCB protection when I got a quote from First Direct and I checked all the documents carefully when my policy arrived. However, I got a refund of £20 as a new customer. So I asked this morning how much adding NCB protection cover will cost (thinking it will only be about £50 or so).................£900!!!!. Needless to say I am furious and I have registered a compliant with customer services. Can't trace the original call, as the policy was bought online.

I won't be renewing my car insurance with First Direct come renwal time, you can bet your A.S.S on that!

So, I'm driving without NCB protection, as I can't afford the £900 for the NCB protection, I hope I'm not involved in a incident where I am at fault.

THANKS FIRST DIRECT!

That sounds awful - surely they can't actually do that, and if the policy was bought online, they should have a record of it, and that you ticked the NCB protection box.........

Either way, I don't think I'd be happy being insured with a company that just lies - why not surrender the policy, get a refund for the remainder, and insure with someone else?

Thanks for your comments Parthiban and Rikos.

As said, First (pull your pants down then and screw you over) Direct are investigating the situation as I have registered a compliant. If they don't come up with a suitable solution, I'll surrender the policy and go else where. I have also stated that if they don't come up with a suitable solution I won't be renewing with them come renewal time and I won't be recommending them to family, friends and LOC members.

Thanks for your suggestion, Fluff34567.

Watch this space.............

if your policy says 350 with ncb protection then that is what they sold u but be careful and dont be surprised if they said it was a mistake and use the errors clause to get out of it - it will be in the fine print.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links