Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking Into Hid

Im thinking about going hid on the car but I have a couple of questions.

Can you do both high and dipped beam and if so what needs doing and what do I need?

Im also planing on making sure the side lights match too so what bulbs would I need for that

Im looking at a 6/6500K colour what would be the best kits to get I dont want to spend the earth as Il be hoping to do both sets of bulbs btut I dont want it failing in a few weeks either or having to cut into wiring.

If anyone has got any links to exact ones il need and are recommended that would be great

Cheers Guys

Stuart

Im thinking about going hid on the car but I have a couple of questions.

Can you do both high and dipped beam and if so what needs doing and what do I need?

Im also planing on making sure the side lights match too so what bulbs would I need for that

Im looking at a 6/6500K colour what would be the best kits to get I dont want to spend the earth as Il be hoping to do both sets of bulbs btut I dont want it failing in a few weeks either or having to cut into wiring.

If anyone has got any links to exact ones il need and are recommended that would be great

Cheers Guys

Stuart

Stuart,

to do both hi & low beam you will need two kits if you look at my mods in my signature you will see all the info there i have recently done it.Rod

ace getting these ordered then were they literally plug and play into the stock wiring?

Plug and play? Do you have a link to them? My kit came on the car, it has to ballasts, one for each light. and there is a lot of extra wiring needed.

everything comes in the kit if you look at my mods its all explained with links and yes its plug and play

Any idea what make it is, the only thing i would be worried about with the cheaper HID kits id how long they would last before something breaks Just make sure you shop around for your kit. The Philips one is supposed to be very good

everything comes in the kit if you look at my mods its all explained with links and yes its plug and play

Any idea what make it is, the only thing i would be worried about with the cheaper HID kits id how long they would last before something breaks Just make sure you shop around for your kit. The Philips one is supposed to be very good

I agree the phillips is about the best around but the one i bought has been tried and tested by a few on here and i have not heard any complaints yet and its just a fraction of the phillips one

I agree the phillips is about the best around but the one i bought has been tried and tested by a few on here and i have not heard any complaints yet and its just a fraction of the phillips one

Cool so. If mine ever pack in on me i know where to pick up a set cheap. Cheers

What about the bosch ones? How good are they?

What about the bosch ones? How good are they?

Cant really comment i have just had the eBay kits(cheapos)

I have 2 kits from eBay on mine aswell, no complaints so far. They are cheap chinese kits, they cost me 150€ so about £100 each one year ago and never had any problem with them, they come with complete harness, no modification to do. it is plug and play.

To be honest, the Hi beams are quite useless, the low beams with HID are has powerfull has standard hi beams and when I turn the hi beams on, every plate and road sign become so bright that it is nearly better to have them off.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive ordered some now

decided to go for the 4300K instead for better lighting these were what I got

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

I also ordered from power bulbs

2 lots of blue vision 4000K one 9005 set for the high beam and one h1 set for the fogs hopefully as well i should be the matching blue vision w5w sidelight bulbs foc too which will fully set me up lighting wise

Ive ordered some now

2 lots of blue vision 4000K one 9005 set for the high beam and one h1 set for the fogs hopefully as well i should be the matching blue vision w5w sidelight bulbs foc too which will fully set me up lighting wise

Let uus know how you get on with fitting and your opinion on quality.

Cheers

Chaps,

i bought a set off eBay, rebranded phillips ones, and the strangest thing happens...

When i turn on the lights, HID beams, my mirrors fold in and after a second they open up again, it does this even when the car is moving, so if i flash someone the mirrors fold in and then out again, really dangerous as i usually flash for somoeone to pull out, anyone else had this problem? i have the mirror folding circuit fitted to my car so when i activate the alarm the mirrors fold in, when i am stationary and i do it with the door open it seems the car wants to lock, but while driving dont hear this, thats why i mentioned the circuit...any ideas please as the HID kit is brilliant but the mirror thing is freaking me out.....Geoffers....

the kit link..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-HID-CONVERSION...VQQcmdZViewItem

Chaps,

i bought a set off ebay, rebranded phillips ones, and the strangest thing happens...

When i turn on the lights, HID beams, my mirrors fold in and after a second they open up again, it does this even when the car is moving, so if i flash someone the mirrors fold in and then out again, really dangerous as i usually flash for somoeone to pull out, anyone else had this problem? i have the mirror folding circuit fitted to my car so when i activate the alarm the mirrors fold in, when i am stationary and i do it with the door open it seems the car wants to lock, but while driving dont hear this, thats why i mentioned the circuit...any ideas please as the HID kit is brilliant but the mirror thing is freaking me out.....Geoffers....

the kit link..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-HID-CONVERSION...VQQcmdZViewItem

LOL :lol:

Man that must be funny to see, flash someone and your ears fold in... :lol:

I am thinking of getting a kit from eBay which is the rebadged Philips kit for my 2001 GS300. Just to check though, do I need the 9006 type? I've got a Bi-Xenon HID kit on my 2000 Nissan Micra driving school car and to be honest, there ain't much of a difference between dipped and main beam. The only thing I have to watch out for is when my pupils first use the indicator stalk, some have a habbit of pulling it towards them blinding people coming towards me B) . The joys of teaching people to drive.

Ive ordered some now

let us know how they are when u fit. n pics if poss :)

Ive ordered some now

Think you might need the 9006 set for your fogs mate if i remember rightly and not the H1's???