Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Hub Bush - What Is One Please

dibsLPG

my Lexus Is200 is becoming noisy in the rear lately (knocking) when going over bumps..

I have checked the shockers and no noise when bounced up and down stationary. Checked the callipers/pads etc.. all fine.

Had it up on a ramp and the Mechanic bashed the tyre and rocked the rear drivers one, after umm'n arring :shifty: said it's your Hub Bush. :blink: Points to it: sits between the Hub and the Disc it think… Has anyone come across the same problem before?

What is one and how much am i looking at please? Might has well replace both rear one at the same time.

I need to replace them urgently since my MOT is coming up very soon.

Has usual your wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Dibslpg.

i cant remember a bush between the hub and disk, bearing yes but not a bush. if it appeared he was not sure take it somewhere else as u might end up paying for work that isnt required

i cant remember a bush between the hub and disk, bearing yes but not a bush. if it appeared he was not sure take it somewhere else as u might end up paying for work that isnt required

Thanks mate, i will get a second opinion on that one... :D

Will a bearing make that noise (knocking noise going over bumps) if worn too?

If so a small part and assuming it can be easly replaced?

Cheers

Dibslpg

not really unless its 100% fallen apart then u would know it!!! worn bearings norm generate a rumble.

to replave the bearing isnt such a big job but it takes a while and u need a hydraulic press to remove and install the bearing