Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

It time to replace the tyre on my MkIV LS. Due to tyre rotating I find myself in the wonderful position of needing four new tyres instead of just two.

Obtaining the japanese version of the Dunlop D8z tyre is becoming a problem and I have been looking for a replacement. Having sen good reviews for the Yokohama Avs Db V550 I would be interested to know if anyone has fitted these to an LS. I have seen a post regarding them fitted to an IS which highlighted a tramlining problem, but this may be isolated to the Is model.

All feed back welcomed.

Hi

Due to tyre rotating I find myself in the wonderful position of needing four new tyres instead of just two.

Yes, I also find that rotating tyres tend to wear.

:D lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - it may have been a previous post from me regarding the Yokohama AVS dB550. I have four fitted and feel these are the best tyres I have used by far. They are as quiet as OE dunlop D8Z tyres but they grip, handle and ride much better. I use 4psi higher than recommended Lexus pressure and tyres wear evenly. My car, on Yokos, does sometimes tramline on grooves left by artics on lane 1 of the motorway - but no worse, I guess, than I remember with other brands of tyre. I strongly advise against using assymetrical tyres eg P7 and Continental Premier Contact, both of which did not suit my LS400. I pay £100 + VAT per db550 tyre from e-tyres.com, incl friendly and convenient mobile fitting. NB - do not use clip on weights as they fall off - use the stick on variety even though they look dreadful stuck on the outside of the rim. Another Japanese tyre several LS400 users have mentioned is Falken but I have no experience personally of these. Regards - Pramod

sorry - the web reference should have read UK-based e-tyres.co.uk