Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vibration

Hi

As title and description....it started the other day when I had to back, back up a hill near my mum & dad's house to let a car go by, and its been doing it ever since. I didn't really think anything of it at the time but my son swears that it is getting worst.

Any ideas what it could be? Or is it nothing to be worried about?

Regards

Gary

Is it really only when you turn? And do you have to be going up hill?

Yes it really is only when I turn...but again only when reversing but no not only when im going up a hill but just when turning whilst reversing....sorry I hope that clears everything up better than my first post.

I hope somebody can help.

Regards

Gary

Could be anything........damaged shocker, buckled alloy, any other worn suspension compoent? I'd get it checked out

Could be anything........damaged shocker, buckled alloy, any other worn suspension compoent? I'd get it checked out
could it maybe be the geometry?

Hi thanks for the info...could somebody recommend a place in or around the Maidstone area that is recommended?

Regards

Gary

Wheels in motion in watford is the best and pretty much only place. Not sure how far away from you it is though.

Hi

Its tom gary's son here. I am the one that noticed the vibration first, it does only seem to happen when reversing and turning, not when normal driving...but could it be because the low speed that you would notice things like vibrations more? My dad doesn't seem to be bothered about it and is just going to leave it. Could somebody please persude him to get this checked out e.g. has anybody experienced this and it turned out to be geometry?

We had a very minor misfire on our Rover 75 (where my dad hadn't got it serviced) and he left this and it got worst and worst....so bad that he was desperate to get rid of it before the MOT because you could smell the sulphur from the CAT.

I am worried that something similar is going to happen with the Lexus so if somebody could please persuade him to get it checked out I would really appericate it.

Thanks

Tom (Gary's son)

Can you identify where the vibration is coming from front/rear?

Well from listening to it I would say its coming from the front if anywhere however you can feel it more in the back so judged on that I would have to say its from the back.

Regards

Tom (Gary's Son)

As its a noise when reversing which means the rear end lifts under acceleration i would check the ARB to see if its loose also the shocks and then its just a matter of eliminating things as you go along eventually im sure you'll get it sorted. If you can get it Tony @ WIM to at least eliminate anything geo related.

Good luck

As its a noise when reversing which means the rear end lifts under acceleration i would check the ARB to see if its loose also the shocks and then its just a matter of eliminating things as you go along eventually im sure you'll get it sorted. If you can get it Tony @ WIM to at least eliminate anything geo related.

Good luck

After reading what my son put I have to agree that I should address it, I will give it a week or so and see if it gets any better/worst and then go from there.

Could somebody please tell me what "the ARB" is? As you have guessed I am not very car minded....I like them but I am not one for modding them etc... or repairing them.

Anybody know a garage in/around Maidstone area that is recommended?

Regards

Gary

The ARB is an anti roll bar sometimes called swaybar its a thin (but strong) shaped metal rod that ties the rear end together if you look under the back you will see it......i'll see if i've got a pic to help you.