Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Got Myself A Lex And Have A Few Questions

Hi everybody. My name is Taavi and i'm from Estonia. Hope you guys don't mind me joining the UK lex club but Estonias lex club is a joke and you guys seemed to know a lot about lex-s. Oh and sry bout my bad English... :tomato:

I recently bought myself a Kensington Green 2003 IS200. Really love it. I almost bought myself an A4 but thankfully i got a test drive with the IS and fell in love with it. I've got a few questions though.

1. Has the IS200 had a face lift?. I'm asking this because around town i've seen alot of IS-s with silver rear lights but mine are black. I know that they are factory lights becaouse the car had only one owner and she was a close friend of mine.

2. The car has some paint issues, becaose the previous owner lived in a place with gravel roads. Is paint chipping a common issue? :blush: . Also the paint doesn't shine anymore. I set up an appointment with Lexus Estonia to get the car polished, but im having my doubt's about it.

3. I'm probalby paranoid but my Lex is an automatic and well i've had it for 2 weeks now, and well you know how it is with new cars, i've been pushing the accelorator maybe a bit two much (hate the fuel consumtion btw) and im getting the feeling that the gearbox has gotten a bit more jerky. Can this be possible?

Also here's a few pictures of my pride and joy :D

p1020064mo8.jpg

p1020073wp5.jpg

p1020077uz6.jpg

sorry mate i thought u said you paying lexus to do it coz your to lazy :oops: only jokin , get most expensive coloured wax you can get your hands on then clear wax after , then learn karate :D

:D:D yeah actually i am a lazy person but waxing my car isn't work for me ;) But I am paying Lexus to get the car polished(to remove all those scratches that i've gotten in car parks. I actually caught an Merc owner slamming his door into my front fender :tsktsk:

Oh and one more thing.. I really don't like my 16' wheels, so i've been thinking of getting some 17' inch lexus original wheels. I really like the ones on the Special Edition but is it possible to get them from somewhere? I've been looking around eBay but there are only single wheels. Oh and do they fit my IS even?

hi there and welcome to da loc from across the waters :D

Thnx :) but that picture has just been taken after waxing :P Anyway what kind of wax do you guys recommend? colored wax or regular?

Hi my car had a nice shine and i tried the maguires 3 part polish(paint cleaner,polish and carnuba wax) and the difference in my bodywork is just amazing i really recommend it if you can get hold of it.There are quite a lot of people on here use it.

Hi my car had a nice shine and i tried the maguires 3 part polish(paint cleaner,polish and carnuba wax) and the difference in my bodywork is just amazing i really recommend it if you can get hold of it.There are quite a lot of people on here use it.

how much does it cost then? and where can you get it?

oh and the most important question, one for the lazy man, how long does it take, and how much effort?

also, my car gets dirty weekly... i can wash it on a friday and by next friday its a mess.

is it worth polishing and waxing it ?

how much does it cost then? and where can you get it?

oh and the most important question, one for the lazy man, how long does it take, and how much effort?

also, my car gets dirty weekly... i can wash it on a friday and by next friday its a mess.

is it worth polishing and waxing it ?

Halfords is doing a deal at the moment, up in Scotland any way and you get 3 bottles polish etc. for the price of 2 and i think they around 8 pounds a bottle.

The first part is easy enough to apply but i gave it a good rub and it strips off all the old polish and wipes off no problem

2nd part is just a polish and also wipes off easy without too much dust but use it lightly, there is no need to cake it on it just makes it harder to take off. now at this stage your paint might not look that good especially after the 1st part but dont worry.

3rd part is the wax, the same with this keep it to a light coating as you are going to rub it off too and the more you put on will not leave a thicker layer. Then buff it off and mate you will not want to stop buffing when you see how shiny you paint goes.Someone on here said if you can leave the car in a garage all night and then apply the wax again after its hardened(24 hrs) i didnt get the chance to do this so dont worry if you dont neither.

The more time you take to do it right the better job you will make and the longer it will last.Lets know how you get on.

ok heres a curveball for ya...

say after all that application, time and effort applying the 3 coats and buffing it all out...

when i take it to a car wash a week later, will all that stuff just wash off?

Hi robmitch :)

The really sad part is that i know that i could drive the car so the fuel consumption wouldn't be so horrible, but every time i hear that six pot....:D:D i just want more and more..