Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Info On Soarer

elexes

is there anything i should know before i go looking at a soarer ? what usually breaks ? how good are the turbo's and the engine setup ?

im thinking of getting one for a daily run around as i dont do massive mileage and i think they might be good fun ?

do they only come as auto's

im searching the forums atm

is there anything i should know before i go looking at a soarer ? what usually breaks ? how good are the turbo's and the engine setup ?

im thinking of getting one for a daily run around as i dont do massive mileage and i think they might be good fun ?

do they only come as auto's

im searching the forums atm

You just missed one, Dave Ellen has sold his i think :o

Yes you can get manual :D hard to find one mind

Suspension bushes will be shagged unless they have been replaced. Very hard to tell visually. Ride quality gives these away. Also clunks on full lock or reversing.

Turbos usually OK unless they are abused. Smoke (not water vapour) on startup/idle could mean they have gone. Loud whine is also bad but you have to know what they usually sound like to know if the whine is too loud or not.

Cloudy headlamps common, easy fix.

Cracked door trim is common.

Badly worn steering wheel very common.

Cloudy air-con display is common.

All leccy stuff should work.

Go for GT-TL with TEMS suspension but be aware that it’s pricey if it goes wrong.

• 2 years later...
blinky dash, boot struts often fail, and as you prob know cheat the air con and heating because the heater matrix is a bitch of a job.

aj

On another subject, has anyone tried putting RX300 rims on a Soarer?