Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk2 Gs300 Owners

Anuj

hello. what kind of fuel economy do u get to ure gs?

please state what sort of driving and what model e.g

Gs300 Se 30mpg fully motorway. thanks also an average speed

According to the computer, mine does 34 to 35 mpg on dual carriageways and motorways (cruising at indicated 75), and drops to around 26 mpg for normal driving (mixture of short journeys, country roads and towns).

Pretty good I reckon for a 3 litre. Much better than my previous IS300. Shame about the road tax though!

IanB :D

18-20 mpg, 80% city and 20% motorway driving

Had mine a week and not looking good, done 156 miles and half a tank gone mostly 50 mile round trip to work (Birmingham) so A roads and city. Is that 13mpg ? ***** didn't think it was going to be much worse than 328 BMW but looks like i was wrong.

Had mine a week and not looking good, done 156 miles and half a tank gone mostly 50 mile round trip to work (Birmingham) so A roads and city. Is that 13mpg ? ***** didn't think it was going to be much worse than 328 BMW but looks like i was wrong.

Don't rely on the gauge, instead see how much it takes to refill the tank. Mine usually has the light on for 'low fuel' but when you refill it, it only takes 60 litre or so - meaning there was still 15 in the tank despite the panic lights being on! So don't rely on when the needle says half-full for meaning you've actually used up half a tank.

Incidentally, these cars have 75 litre tanks. So half tank = 37.5 litres = 8.25 gallons. 156 / 8.25 = just under 19mpg. So not quite as bad as you thought, anyway! Plus it's probably used less than that, it reality, so you're likely doing comfortably over 20.

Don't rely on the gauge, instead see how much it takes to refill the tank. Mine usually has the light on for 'low fuel' but when you refill it, it only takes 60 litre or so - meaning there was still 15 in the tank despite the panic lights being on! So don't rely on when the needle says half-full for meaning you've actually used up half a tank.

Incidentally, these cars have 75 litre tanks. So half tank = 37.5 litres = 8.25 gallons. 156 / 8.25 = just under 19mpg. So not quite as bad as you thought, anyway! Plus it's probably used less than that, it reality, so you're likely doing comfortably over 20.

Didn't realise the tank was that big ! Thanks Mike usefull to know, the light was on when i bought it and it took 62ltrs to fill so that tallys up.

litre tanks. So half tank = 37.5 litres = 8.25 gallons. 156 / 8.25 = just under 19mpg. So not quite as bad as you thought, anyway! Plus it's probably used less than that, it reality, so you're likely doing comfortably over 20.

80 litres according to lexus website for mk2!