Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After getting all rattles sorted by Lexus Newcastle 6 weeks ago - the speaker cover on the top of the dash has started to rattle slightly again :angry:

I can't be arsed to take her back just for that - anyone on here know how to sort it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mate, are you sure it is the speaker, I thought my centre speaker had a rattle, but I found if I gripped the window vent and firmly pressed it, the rattle stopped. It is like they have made a whole in the dashboard to put in the plastic direction grills for the window and it is where the grill sits in the dash that causes the noise... Only a thought....? :duh:

Mate, are you sure it is the speaker, I thought my centre speaker had a rattle, but I found if I gripped the window vent and firmly pressed it, the rattle stopped. It is like they have made a whole in the dashboard to put in the plastic direction grills for the window and it is where the grill sits in the dash that causes the noise... Only a thought....? :duh:

I'm sure that I had that rattle as well but Newcastle sorted it out - will take another look then try the Matus solution of 1mm of insulation tape and if that doesn't work then back to the dealer :duh:

Did you get your noise sorted Pants? - if so how? - I've re-packed the speaker cover with foam and its made no difference - there's so many small, intermittent noises, one minute they seem to come from the speaker cover, then from the gearlever gaiter, or the passenger side window . . . its only a small noise which passengers in the car never notice but its doing my head in :crying: . . . I think the best option is leaving the radio on :angry:

Did you get your noise sorted Pants? - if so how? - I've re-packed the speaker cover with foam and its made no difference - there's so many small, intermittent noises, one minute they seem to come from the speaker cover, then from the gearlever gaiter, or the passenger side window . . . its only a small noise which passengers in the car never notice but its doing my head in :crying: . . . I think the best option is leaving the radio on :angry:

Mines been like that for a year now :crybaby:

Funnily enough, I had my speaker rattle fixed and a few days ago I switched the aircon back out of DUAL mode and I got a rattle ... coming from the front screen vent.

So I switched the aircon back to DUAL mode and rattle disappeared ... wtf :duh:

sorry for the slow response buddy, I kept missing this post for some reason.

Yes, it has gone now, I have to confess, through my frustration with this constant ticking, almost like there is a leaf blowing around in the vent noise, I shoved my fingers into the window demist vent and gave it a hard pull to sort of reposition it in the dash board. Touch wood, it has never returned. I would say though that these IS250's are very prone to rattles and squeaks dependant on temperature. On a cold morning my centre console squeaks and makes quite disturbing cracking sounds, I found by keeping my knee from resting on the side of the centre console stops that, my left door makes the occasional rattle. Also I get rattles and squeaks from the glove box some mornings and I have nothing in it except a rag for the window!

Have done as advised on an earlier post - made sure that the heater control is on dual and as well as that I've got the fan on a manual setting (about halfway) - guess what - she's as quiet as a mouse! :)