Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 2nd (and Final) Moan - Sat Nav Volume - Wtf?

Having had this car for 1 day I can honestly say that it is one of the most comfortable and solid car that I have ever driven (and I've driven some very expensive cars!).

But, I have to moan about this Sat Nav volume level - it's set to 7 (which is the max, right?) and, with the stereo playing (and that is a great stereo!!), I can't hear that sexy babes voice when she is giving directions. Is there a setting to mute the stereo? Or is this yet another unfit for purpose system (like the vibrating rear view mirror!!)?

It must be something with the 220D or European/UK cars. I have the 250 and even at level 2, I can hear the pommy chick's voice ok. :D

Stereo is only at around 10 or 11. I would hate to think how loud the Sat Nav would be at 7.

Also, it is a little sad that they didn't put a mute buton somewhere. Wife has a Mazda 3 and there is a Stereo mute button on the Steering wheel controls!

It must be something with the 220D or European/UK cars. I have the 250 and even at level 2, I can hear the pommy chick's voice ok. :D

Stereo is only at around 10 or 11. I would hate to think how loud the Sat Nav would be at 7.

Also, it is a little sad that they didn't put a mute buton somewhere. Wife has a Mazda 3 and there is a Stereo mute button on the Steering wheel controls!

There are so many inconsistencies between what is available, how it's configured and Lexus GB will not do a single thing - they won't listen. I've tried. They state that this is the spec...it's ben given to them by Lexus and that's it...

The car is fantastic, but all these little niggles do add up over time, when it won't do the simplest of things that most other cars will do, or in the case of Sat Nav volume, even aftermarket systems will do.

There is a setting that mutes your music so you can hear the chick. the only problem i had with this was when i was playing my shuffle - the sound doesn't seem to reduce on AUX? But when playing CD's or Radio it mutes on auto....

Check your book, or just mess about with the touch screen like i did...

There is a setting that mutes your music so you can hear the chick. the only problem i had with this was when i was playing my shuffle - the sound doesn't seem to reduce on AUX? But when playing CD's or Radio it mutes on auto....

Check your book, or just mess about with the touch screen like i did...

Sorry - but i have exactly the same problem - any i can't find _anything_ in manual / settings about muting sound :(

This is really big problem for me - just because i can't hear anything from the navigation when the music is loud...

A quick call toy uor dealer should sort that! If not, then i'll go and write down the info......

i have talked with my dealer today... (lexus twickenham)

they DO NOT know how it is possible to do...

also they do not know why the sound level (even 7!) of navigation system is too low...

so, please, if you do know how we can fix the problem - it would be very nice...

Will do - i'll have a look at the settings and write it down....

If there is a setting it's certainly not obvious. I've been through the manual, phoned the dealer and looked through all of the menu's. Is there a hidden menu? If so, how is it accessed.

I really can't understand how this could happen with such a fantastic badge/car. All we need is the voice through all speakers or an auto mute - this is not brain surgery!! A software fix should surely sort this!!!!

I really can't understand how this could happen with such a fantastic badge/car. All we need is the voice through all speakers or an auto mute - this is not brain surgery!! A software fix should surely sort this!!!!

You are right buddy - just like Auto locking, follow me home lighting etc etc which should be programmable, even by the owner as you can in a BMW with Proff Sat Nav - you can control indicators function, auto mirror fold, follow me home lights, door locking etc. I would like to think that anything the german brigade can do, Lexus could do better...

LGB don't seem to be able to give any positive news on this, but have commented that more is available on the LS460 and will be considered for newer cars after customers were listened to :lol: . So watch this space, and start saving....

Seriously, how do they expect to hang on to customers with that attitude :huh: ? Especially when you can personalise the car to a much greater level in the states, and the volume is louder in Australia and they appear to have some "easter eggs" which we don't? I've tried to get an explanantion, but to no avail... :angry: I'm told that's all we get...

Having had this car for 1 day I can honestly say that it is one of the most comfortable and solid car that I have ever driven (and I've driven some very expensive cars!).

But, I have to moan about this Sat Nav volume level - it's set to 7 (which is the max, right?) and, with the stereo playing (and that is a great stereo!!), I can't hear that sexy babes voice when she is giving directions. Is there a setting to mute the stereo? Or is this yet another unfit for purpose system (like the vibrating rear view mirror!!)?

As much as I love my IS this is the one BIG moan I have had against the car since I bought it.

Started moaning about it in Jan. 2006 and still not solved. See previous thread.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=29485&hl=

As much as I love my IS this is the one BIG moan I have had against the car since I bought it.

Started moaning about it in Jan. 2006 and still not solved. See previous thread.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=29485&hl=

Having read your stuff, I checked last night to see what mine does.

When the satnav voice is speaking, the audio system is clearly reduced in volume. It appears that the speakers on the drivers side are switched off from the audio system and that the satnav voice uses these speakers. The audio output continues from the speakers on the passengers side.

This appears to be a sensible attempt to make the satnav instructions audible to the driver without interfering too much with the entertainment information going to passengers.

It works well for me, but I can see that it might not be so effective if the audio levels were turned up very high or balanced to favour the passenger side of the system.

Have you tried experimenting with the left/right balance of the audio system? Without wanting to be too personal, have you checked that your own hearing is OK?

Have you tried experimenting with the left/right balance of the audio system? Without wanting to be too personal, have you checked that your own hearing is OK?

It’s not too personal to ask about hearing but I do have extremely good hearing although I’m not a youngster. It is good in both volumes that I can hear sounds and also frequencies of sound, I also don’t have “islands of hearing” where some frequencies are blocked. I worked in the audiology field for 27yrs so I have self tested myself more times than I can count.

I just like my music at a reasonable level (not enough to damage my hearing of course) and why not with a great system like this.

I know that the Sat Nav volume does “kick up a gear” above 50mph but on the roads I use a lot in the West County you are often under that speed.

I personally wish there was an option to cut out the radio/cd completely as in my previous car but I realize that some people would not like this. The option would be nice though, for me anyway.

As for me - yes, my hearing is not 100% good from the childhood (and yes, i have some “islands of hearing” - for example i can't hear properly some woman voices ;) - sometimes this is funny )

Usually this is not a problem, but the technology which implemented in IS-2x0 works really bad for me - i hear the music from the passenger side very loudly and it suppress navigation directions (even music is muting from the driver side) :(

Also, i'm pretty sure that the same problem is quite common - many peoples has not so perfect hearing (life is life, nobody is perfect :( )

I think that it is really importrant to have FULL MUTE option in such hi-class car (many "usual" cars do have this)

p.s. Sorry for my english, it is not native :)

I personally wish there was an option to cut out the radio/cd completely as in my previous car but I realize that some people would not like this. The option would be nice though, for me anyway

I guess you could tune into a non-existant station ot insert a blank CD.

Having read your stuff, I checked last night to see what mine does.

When the satnav voice is speaking, the audio system is clearly reduced in volume. It appears that the speakers on the drivers side are switched off from the audio system and that the satnav voice uses these speakers. The audio output continues from the speakers on the passengers side.

This appears to be a sensible attempt to make the satnav instructions audible to the driver without interfering too much with the entertainment information going to passengers.

It works well for me, but I can see that it might not be so effective if the audio levels were turned up very high or balanced to favour the passenger side of the system.

I have found exactly the same! I got it wrong when i said it would mute, it only does that with the phone, sorry for that. Also my misses sets the tunes up mostly on the drivers side when she's using satnav, this way she stull gets to hear the tunes and get the satnav.

It would be nice to have a few of these minor issues sorted - BUT - I still think that the Lexus has been the most impressive motor we've owned for sometime.

Matty

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links