Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HELLO HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL..I AM STILL LOVING MY IS200 :D QUESTION FOR YOU..MY HUSBAND IS ABOUT TO BUY A NEW CAR..HE HAS 16K TO SPEND AND ITS DRIVING HIM NUTS. HES POURING OVER AUDI BMW JAG ECT ECT I THINK HE SHOULD GET A LEXUS..WHAT DO YOU THINK HE SHOULD BUY..??????????

I'm surprised that on this forum you haven't had "buy a Lexus" already umpteen times

Depends on whether he wants highish running costs for low depreciation...most Lexus's in that price will be IS2/300's (last of them) or may be a GS, but they will tumble in value due to new models...

At £16k you have lots of options - having driven a 5 series BMW (new shape) recently, I think it's within budget for an '03/4 plater with 50k+ miles and a very difficult car to ignore - it's a bargain at that sort of money (though pig ugly) - especially if you can get one with leather, sat-nav and an auto box.

You may even be able to get a new shape Audi A6 - which is a fab car. If it's new you want, then take a close look at theVW Jetta, Mazda 6 or Toyota Avensis, and use quotes from www.drivethedeal.co.uk to drive a hard bargain on a new car!!

Have a look on autotrader.co.uk - best place to start looking for anything used.

Only thing I would say is "NO!" to a jag..... Unreliable pieces of filth!

Lexus are excellent quality....

Stay away from Z4's, superb motors, but they devalue like nobodies business! Mind you, they have devalued so much you may get a good one cheap, so get a Z4! LOL Or get a cheaper one.... Assuming you want that style.

I have no advice, just not jags.....

PFFFT to Jags.....!

don't want a jag anyway ..old mans car. i want him to buy a is 300 but were not really the matching sweaters type i have a feeling he will go 4 da bema...had a 328i 4 a while..bmw are great cars.but theres so many of them..so common.anyway wouldnt fit kids in da z4.need a 4 seater.already told im no fanny magnets..tee hee

anyway all the women owners in the bleach ur hair blond club :baaa:...if you had 16k what would you buy and why??????????????? thanks 4 advice so far

don't want a jag anyway ..old mans car. i want him to buy a is 300 but were not really the matching sweaters type i have a feeling he will go 4 da bema...had a 328i 4 a while..bmw are great cars.but theres so many of them..so common.anyway wouldnt fit kids in da z4.need a 4 seater.already told im no fanny magnets..tee hee

anyway all the women owners in the bleach ur hair blond club :baaa:...if you had 16k what would you buy and why??????????????? thanks 4 advice so far

I wouldnt say that all Jags are old mens car by anymeans. I brought my wife who is 24 a limited edition XS LE estate which looked the dogs bit with 18's, bodykit, tints etc.

But i would still say a BIG NO to Jag because i lost £13K in 18 months which is enough to put me off them for life.

Well if you want a fanny repellent car, get a Subaru STi....

I had this one Scooby and it was the most anti women car you could imagine! :blink:

I felt a complete Chav in it. It was fast as 4rse though and stuck to the road like glue!

I wouldnt say that all Jags are old mens car by anymeans. I brought my wife who is 24 a limited edition XS LE estate which looked the dogs bit with 18's, bodykit, tints etc.

But i would still say a BIG NO to Jag because i lost £13K in 18 months which is enough to put me off them for life.

I lost 25K in 16 months on an X5 - and bought a brand new Jag - 2.2d Sport Premium. Kept it for 3 weeks and rejected it on the grounds that it was completely crap!!!! Rattles everywhere, burnt oil etc etc.

The local Guy Salmon Jag dealer were brilliant and gave me a full refund. I then went to a Lexus dealer and gave them 28K for a brand new 220d Sport (with Multimedia pack) - what a fantastic car!!

Might be a little Freudian, but you posted the question in the IS250/220D section....perhaps subconsciously you want him to buy one and not the IS300 ?:D

• 4 weeks later...