Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wheels Made My Car Go Mad

w4yn3

hi people,

ive just put a set of lenso's on my 00 is200. but since i have the steering wheel has been vibrating on the motorway. not even at high speeds either like 60-70mph. though at about 90 its like holding a pnumatic drill. i had the tracking done an got them all balanced though this has made no difference. has anyone got any suggestions as its really ****** me off as i never had this issue before with the standard wheels on.

any help would be greatly appreciated

hi people,

ive just put a set of lenso's on my 00 is200. but since i have the steering wheel has been vibrating on the motorway. not even at high speeds either like 60-70mph. though at about 90 its like holding a pnumatic drill. i had the tracking done an got them all balanced though this has made no difference. has anyone got any suggestions as its really ****** me off as i never had this issue before with the standard wheels on.

two things id ask 1st is

1. does the spigot ring located in the back of the wheel fit the cars hubs correctly and tightly

2. what tyres are you using and pressures

I had aftermarkets on my IS when I first purchased and all was fine. Then after having new tyres I had problems similar to yours - turned out that the fast fit firm misplaced one of the spigot rings (and kindly did not mention this to me) Took weeks to figure this out (In fact Tony at WIM did)

Once replaced all was ok, Good luck!

hi people,

I've got a similar-ish problem with my new wheels: at low speeds the steering will just wobble once in a while. It's very intermittent and doesn't even happen that often but when it does it can be a bit scary as the car seems to lurch to the side for a second. Never used to happen with the old standard wheels....

Tony @ WiM has given it the once over and can find nothing wrong - so keep us posted if you find an answer...

If the complaint was handling then the wheel off-set would be an issue, requiring a new Geometric setup. Since the complaint is vibration then i feel wheel balance is the criminal.... If the wheels where not hub-centric then the vibration would be evident under 30mph but since the vibration is at speed then the frequency of wheel imbalance is very likely the problem.

Which lensos are they?

i was looking at some but gettin more put off them every week!!

rs5's mate

thanks 4 all your replies people.

i take it by spigot ring u mean the black plastic ring u pop in the back of the wheel ?. (i aint very good with cars btw)

i shall go check them first, then if that aint the problem i shall go back 2 the place i got them balanced an ask them 2 check it again.

will let u know how i get on

cheers

[i have the same thing but they where on the car when i brought it second hand and i have a brand new lexus is alloy 4 spare with brand spanking new rubber on

cheers

Which lensos are they?

i was looking at some but gettin more put off them every week!!

Ive got a set of Lenzo's mate, and only cos the company ripped me off and put a set of poo tires on them and didnt ballance them mine vibrated a bit, but once i'd had them ballenced they were spot on, and i think that there quite rare. Also that they look rather good on my car

yo all.

i found out what the problem was. the wheel was rubbing on the caliper, which has took a nice groove out of the back of the alloy and has therefore affected the balancing. *** knows how im gon go about sorting this