Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Colour? & Sport Or Se?

CraigB

Hi All,

I'm just about to order a new IS200, but can't decide if the Sport is really worth a grand more than the SE for mainly cosmetic bits and bobs and...

Regardless of which model I choose , which colour should I have / avoid?

All comments, gratefully recieved...

Cheers :D

Craig.

I have the same dilema regarding colour. I have a silver (Platinum Ice) IS200 at the moment and felt that I needed to change colour for the new car just so it felt 'different'. I was going to go for a Granite Sky one, have it de-badged with just the "L" logo back & front, and getting them done in gold....

However, I have figured that while the darker colours like Granite Sky, Strathcaron Blue and Black look pretty cool, they will be much harder to keep looking nice, plus they are going to show every mark because of the Lexus "thin paint" problem. So.... I'm sticking with silver as the easiest colour to keep looking good! B)

PS - Think Sport has limited slip-diff, whereas SE doesn't, so it's not all cosmetic ;)

Have a look at this thread as there are some interesting comments on colours. If your concerned about resale its best to avoid green/gold/white (Sorry Gord and Mat). The best colours for resale are apparently Platinum Ice, Strathcaron Blue, Astral Black and Granite Sky although fashions do change. Personally I prefer the blue to platinum ice as the silver is so common but blue is fast catching up.

I like most of the colours to be honest, I think its personal taste. Sport over SE - a large number of differences including but not limited to rear lip spoiler, tinted rear windows, alloy scuff plates/pedals etc and loads of other things...... :shifty:

Dark colours look great (my dark green is lovely).

Keeping the car :D clean is no problem. Every time Mrs B or I go to Sainsbury's, we hand £5 to a nice man who washes it.

I've made the mistake of doing that, and finding little hairline scratch swirls from the dirty rags they use. I never use a car wash, so end up doing it myself once a fortnight. Takes ages, but she it my pride and joy....

Asam

I like most of the colours to be honest, I think its personal taste. Sport over SE - a large number of differences including but not limited to rear lip spoiler, tinted rear windows, alloy scuff plates/pedals etc and loads of other things...... :shifty:

you also get a different coloured steering wheel (black + grey)

Most people with SE's end up putting the shiny bits from the sport on anyway, its whether you think you need the LSD and lowered/slightly stiffer suspension.........

PS blue is the only colour to have :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links