Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anybody bought the mudflaps from Global Car Parts ref. http://www.gcpdirect.com/items/item.aspx?itemid=4128205?

They look very similar to those fitted by Lexus ( cost £150 fitted ) but are a lot cheaper.

If anybody has bought and fitted them can you tell me if

a) They are a good fit

B) They use existing fasteners or holes on the car. In other words drilling isn't required

Cheers

Andrew

Probably OK :unsure:

Andrew..do you realise you posted in the IS250/220 section? It shouldn't make a difference regarding the flaps because the it appears the 200 flaps fit the 250/220D, but I'm not sure if the attachment is the same. The colour codes are also different from the IS200.

Not sure what to make of :

'Diverts dirt away from the wheels and tyres allowing for improved traction'

Pretty clever mudflaps to do that, thought the dirt went the other way :whistling:

Hi Andrew

I bought a set of colour coded flap from the same supplier. No problems with fitting, no drilling etc, instructions were ok. The quality and colour match are good as well. Delivered with no problems.

I hope this helps, if you need any further info pm me.

Hi Andrew

I bought a set of colour coded flap from the same supplier. No problems with fitting, no drilling etc, instructions were ok. The quality and colour match are good as well. Delivered with no problems.

Thanks to both of you for the information so I'll go ahead and order them.

Sorry about the confusion as to the Lexus I own but we have an IS 200 at the moment which is to be replaced later this month by an IS250 SE-L auto.

As for diverting dirt away from the wheels to improve traction - they should patent the idea and make a fortune.

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Have you got any pics of them fitted to your car because ive been thinking of getting some?

Cheers

Jay

I have bought and fitted these flaps from this supplier.

The rear flaps require the bumper lip to be drilled ... very easy though as it's only plastic.

The front flaps require no drilling but watch out for the replacement clips they send. I could not get the whole post into the clip so I ended up giving it a few taps with a hammer and sawing off the protruding bit.

I did not drill, but put rear flap in place and then used a sharp point to mark position of self tapping screw. Then opened out a small hole in the plastic trim and used this. I should have pointed this out to others, Im sorry for any confusion. You can drill if you want to, into plastic lip, just take it easy if you do this, only a few turns on the drill will be needed due to thickness of the plastic.

The fronts dont require any drilling, fitting is as instructions. Agree with what BTB says over plastic post, just needs trimming off.

• 1 year later...

Hi all

Was going to get a set of these flaps, but global car parts direct does not seem to exist any more?

Does anyone know any alternitive suppliers?

Car is an IS220D SE-L 2006.

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links