Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Body Kits

Michael Tang

Hi all, sorry if I am repeating a question, but can anyone tell me where I can buy a body kit for the SC430 in the UK??

I see there are loads of sites in the USA. I am thinking about importing a kit. But I want to avoid the hassles of perhaps damage in transit etc etc...

I quite like the WALD kit .. any pointers please??

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi all, sorry if I am repeating a question, but can anyone tell me where I can buy a body kit for the SC430 in the UK??

I see there are loads of sites in the USA. I am thinking about importing a kit. But I want to avoid the hassles of perhaps damage in transit etc etc...

I quite like the WALD kit .. any pointers please??

Thanks

I got my Wald kit supplied and fitted in south london, dosent help you much being up the other end though.

• 8 months later...
How kuch was the kit supplied and fitted in London??

Is it perfect fit?? with no gaps or flaws??

How is the ride and handling as well as comfort with 20" wheels??

Thanks

The kit is a perfect fit, it looks moulded even though its not.

On 20" with real tires it rides much better then runflats. TBH I even find its a nicer ride then my Range Rover.

Thanks for the info once again.

irealised there was a typo in the previous post...

How much was the kit supplied and fitted?

Did you lower the car after fitting the 20" rims?? whatsize of tyres did you use??

thanks

Was about 3 years back I bought the kit ... I think I paid about £2250 supplied and fitted. But im sure prices went up shortly after I bought mine.

Ive got the car lowered on Tein CS coilovers but I will be getting it dropped some more next month when I go back to TDI for some more work, they forgot to give me the adjustment tools.

Im running 245/35/20 all round at the mo. But im also getting some staggered Sevas wheels next week 245/35/20 front and 285/30/20 rear.

• 2 weeks later...

Aquanuke,

Have you got your new 20" rims on yet?? I am in the process of buying 20" rims and want the same set-up of 245/35 up front and 285/30 at the rear. But many alloy wheel stores are unsure if they will fit the SC430 and unsure on offset.

With your car lowered, I am assuming you have made modifications to the wheel arches to allow the above staggered fitment??

I would really appreciate any pointers!!!

Cheers in advance!!!

You wont need to modify the arches unless you want it to be really aggressive like 11" wide on the back, although I would avoid rolling the arches as the plastic trim would need modifying as well. If you did want to go that way then maybe consider buying some wider arches like the Levante http://www.levante-aero.jp/aero_parts/rear_fender/index.html

You will get 20x9 front and 20x10.5 rear without modifying the arches although it will depend how low the car is so you would want coilovers really so you can adjust it for minimum rubbing. Although a little rubbing wont hurt, should just wear through the liner and be ok.

Not all wheel manufacturers will make wheels to any offset and then its also questionable if they do if it will be precise, Ive heard of variations from company to company. IMO an aggressive offset for the above size would be +25 front and +33 rear. Having +25 on the front should help reduce rubbing as im currently rubbing on a +33 front. Although I might be able to eliminate that using different make tires.

It is very trial and error if your trying to get as flush as possible. Your best bet is to work with a company that has made wheels for our cars before and personally I do not think any UK places are going to be of any help.

There is a good guide here , scroll down halfway for the SC430

http://www.lgwnorcal.net/articles/wheelfitment.html

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delayed reply, but thanks once again for the informative answers you provide to my questions.

Been phoning over the past few days looking to get a set of 20's. Really excited!!!

Cheers

You wont need to modify the arches unless you want it to be really aggressive like 11" wide on the back, although I would avoid rolling the arches as the plastic trim would need modifying as well. If you did want to go that way then maybe consider buying some wider arches like the Levante http://www.levante-aero.jp/aero_parts/rear_fender/index.html

You will get 20x9 front and 20x10.5 rear without modifying the arches although it will depend how low the car is so you would want coilovers really so you can adjust it for minimum rubbing. Although a little rubbing wont hurt, should just wear through the liner and be ok.

Not all wheel manufacturers will make wheels to any offset and then its also questionable if they do if it will be precise, Ive heard of variations from company to company. IMO an aggressive offset for the above size would be +25 front and +33 rear. Having +25 on the front should help reduce rubbing as im currently rubbing on a +33 front. Although I might be able to eliminate that using different make tires.

It is very trial and error if your trying to get as flush as possible. Your best bet is to work with a company that has made wheels for our cars before and personally I do not think any UK places are going to be of any help.

Sorry for the delayed reply, but thanks once again for the informative answers you provide to my questions.

Been phoning over the past few days looking to get a set of 20's. Really excited!!!

Cheers

Nice show us the pics when you get them :D

I read Rominl's guide. It was excellent.

I want someone to help clarify something. I spoke to an alloy wheel dealer a couple of days ago and he said the SC430 has big stock calipers and a low offset such as +18 may catch the calipers.

According to Rominl the 8.5x20 wheel should have an offset of +18. You suggested +25. What is better / a safer option to avoid rubbing?? And what looks better??

If I understand "offset" correctly, then the +18 should look slightly better as the spokes of the wheel will seem to splay outwards. Whereas a higher offset +45 (stock wheels) make the wheel look really flat! Is that right???

I thought I understood it all......now I am slightly confused again!!!

please help.

I would consider +18 and +25 to both be low offsets. The offsets are going to affect how the spokes look but will vary from each due to their design. I would more look at offsets as the higher the more inwards the wheel would be and the lower the more the rim will be outwards to the wing of the car.

As for the caliper clearance that would be more to do with having high disk or low disk wheels although I think you would only need to worry if you had a big brake kit. I would guess low disk would clear the stock calipers fine.

Rubbing will more of an issue if you go wider, if your going with 8.5 all round then you will be fine as thats very conservative.

Aquanuke,

Have you got your new 20" rims on yet?? I am in the process of buying 20" rims and want the same set-up of 245/35 up front and 285/30 at the rear. But many alloy wheel stores are unsure if they will fit the SC430 and unsure on offset.

With your car lowered, I am assuming you have made modifications to the wheel arches to allow the above staggered fitment??

Cheers in advance!!!

I never bought the Sevas ones after all.

I ordered the Aicona ALC 35 http://www.aiconawheels.com/alc35.htm

20x9 +34 front and 20x10.5 +27 rear I went with their recommendation of what they considered the best offset for those wheels.

Will probs be another week before I receive them

Guest inicol63

aquanuke

Those wheels will look great, nice big dish.

Are you having the black or chrome?

Your R WEAPON do you find this a very good filter?

Did you need to mod to fit into your bay?

Ian

aquanuke

Those wheels will look great, nice big dish.

Are you having the black or chrome?

Your R WEAPON do you find this a very good filter?

Did you need to mod to fit into your bay?

Ian

Cheers should have a 4 1/2 " lip on the rear wheels :blink: I went with the polished silver with black accents and chrome lip.

Ive not had any problems with mine and its seems ok build etc, so no complaints and its been on for a number of years. But Ive heard that the Inkjen one is better. No mods required.

Guest inicol63

aquanuke

Thanks for the reply.

Wheels sound great i bet your checking the post daily.

The inkjen where are they based as i never heard of them.

Done a google search and came up blank..

Should that be injen

Aquanuke,

Cheers in advance!!!

I never bought the Sevas ones after all.

I ordered the Aicona ALC 35 http://www.aiconawheels.com/alc35.htm

20x9 +34 front and 20x10.5 +27 rear I went with their recommendation of what they considered the best offset for those wheels.

Will probs be another week before I receive them

How much did- you -pay for the aicona wheels?? ( if u don't mind me asking)

I think I got a pretty good deal, was $4850. Including shipping, I figure shipping alone is around $1000.

Also a UK dealer quoted me £4500 for the same wheels.

I don't know how much the duty will be, but my wheels have been at Heathrow for the last 4 days :unsure:

Thats was from http://www.wheelexecutives.com/ speak to Joseph and he will do you a great deal, has no problem shipping to the UK and can do you pretty much any offset/size depending on wheel.

I have set my eyes on a set of Giovanni Dalar wheels. Probably import them from america as it works out a lot cheaper.

I think I got a pretty good deal, was $4850. Including shipping, I figure shipping alone is around $1000.

Also a UK dealer quoted me £4500 for the same wheels.

I don't know how much the duty will be, but my wheels have been at Heathrow for the last 4 days :unsure:

Thats was from http://www.wheelexecutives.com/ speak to Joseph and he will do you a great deal, has no problem shipping to the UK and can do you pretty much any offset/size depending on wheel.

• 2 weeks later...