Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has Anybody Got A Roof Bar/rack Yet?

Hi,

I've had a search but can't find anything, has anyone got a aset of roof bars yet for the 250/220? I have searched loads of sites on t'internet and on here but can't find anything specific to order. It's getting urgent as I really need them by the end of next week.

Thanks in advance,

Rich.

Hi,

I've had a search but can't find anything, has anyone got a aset of roof bars yet for the 250/220? I have searched loads of sites on t'internet and on here but can't find anything specific to order. It's getting urgent as I really need them by the end of next week.

Thanks in advance,

Rich.

Have you checked the Lexus.co.uk website, as they have roof racks etc. for the IS220/250. Although I guess once you've paid their prices you could not afford to go anywhere or buy anything to put on them. :ohmy:

That's exactly my thought - the Thule ones are expensive enough (feet £50, bars £35 and adapter kit for feet £25) - I've then got to get a roof box as well :crybaby:

There must be another supplier rather than just Thule - I'm going to end up spending £300 at this rate! :ohmy:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=41326

I bought originals, price difference in comparison with the thule racks was very small.

BTW: it's noisy as hell

Pics with roof box:

photo 1

photo 1

Thanks for the photo

Which model of box it is?

Once again...

This is a Lexus standart rails with Thule box installed? How noisy they are without box?

Are thouse rails easly removable?

spirit

This is a Lexus standart rails with Thule box installed?

yes.

How noisy they are without box?

I haven't been in any other car with rails, so I can't compare, but in my opinion it's very noisy. It's almost no difference to drive just with rails or with the box...

In city driving it's OK, but at 130kph....noise

well yes, but I wouldn't like to do it every day :)

It takes 10-15 minutes

Thule (feet £50, bars £35 and adapter kit for feet £25)

I've now got a quote from Lexus Coventry for the roof bars, £165 :crying:

The search continues

£110 quid for Thule and you are quibbling, how much do you think roof bars should cost FFS.

spirit

This is a Lexus standart rails with Thule box installed?

yes.

How noisy they are without box?

I haven't been in any other car with rails, so I can't compare, but in my opinion it's very noisy. It's almost no difference to drive just with rails or with the box...

In city driving it's OK, but at 130kph....noise

well yes, but I wouldn't like to do it every day :)

It takes 10-15 minutes

Big thanks for the answers!

The price is Ok, so i'm ready to install this...

The last question - how do you think, is it enouch to have "spirit" box for 4 snowboards and 4 pairs of snowboarding boots :) ?

Thanks once again...

The last question - how do you think, is it enouch to have "spirit" box for 4 snowboards and 4 pairs of snowboarding boots :) ?

Thanks once again...

your welcome mate!

I put in 4 pairs of skis with sticks and 3 pairs of ski boots, some jackets on top and it was full.

With 4 snowboards and boots it will be hard (depends on the lenght of snowboards), I reccomend you to test it before you buy.

Thanks once again...

your welcome mate!

I put in 4 pairs of skis with sticks and 3 pairs of ski boots, some jackets on top and it was full.

With 4 snowboards and boots it will be hard (depends on the lenght of snowboards), I reccomend you to test it before you buy.

really good piece of information :)

freeride snowboards are really big, so i should think about bigger box...

btw - is this "Thule Spirit 780" or "Thule Spirit 820"?