Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Upper Ball Joints

GSSPORT

Hi All,

I have a GS300 MKII (2000 model) and have just been informed that my upper ball joints have gone :crybaby: I went to Lexus and they have quoted £350 for one ball joint and £220 labour :crying: Total cost £1,100.00 (plus VAT I think). They may give me a 10% discount due to Gold membership, but its still tooooo high for me

I can't afford these prices and wondered whether anyone knew where I could get some cheaper ones.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

you basically require new upper control arms, be it from Lexus UK or Lexus USA. With the current exchange rate being so favourable, I'd highly recommend getting them shipped from over there. It WILL work out cheaper. whilst the lower ball joints can be bought separately, the upper ball joints are not available as a separate unit, hence you have to buy an entire control arm!!!

Labour wise, you could then take it to a non-Lexus garage to get them changed.

It's a car, not a spaceship, so a decent garage will be able to do it.

Do a search for worn suspension, there is an old post of mine with contact details of a US dealer that ships to UK.

you basically require new upper control arms, be it from Lexus UK or Lexus USA. With the current exchange rate being so favourable, I'd highly recommend getting them shipped from over there. It WILL work out cheaper. whilst the lower ball joints can be bought separately, the upper ball joints are not available as a separate unit, hence you have to buy an entire control arm!!!

Labour wise, you could then take it to a non-Lexus garage to get them changed.

It's a car, not a spaceship, so a decent garage will be able to do it.

Do a search for worn suspension, there is an old post of mine with contact details of a US dealer that ships to UK.

Thanks Maneesh,

Ahh I see. So the Lexus quote for £600. per side is for a control arm. They told me it was for a ball joint. Unfortunately I can't find the message. Can you give me a link.

Any ideas as to how much the labour would cost???

Thanks for all your help Maneesh

If you don't want to buy from the US, you'll find them on UK eBay for about 200 a side delivered, and as Maneesh said, there's no need to pay 95 quid an hour (or is it 110 where you are?) for fitting, any competent mechanic (or DIYer) could do the job.

If you don't want to buy from the US, you'll find them on UK eBay for about 200 a side delivered, and as Maneesh said, there's no need to pay 95 quid an hour (or is it 110 where you are?) for fitting, any competent mechanic (or DIYer) could do the job.

Thanks for the advice,

I'm looking for the cheapest price in the UK and USA, Can anyone please direct me to where I can get some quotes UK or USA and also how many labour hours it takes? (don't want to be ripped off)

On another note, I am quite disappointed with Lexus/Toyota with the price they charge for labour and in particularly the parts. :)

Many Thanks

Thanks for the advice,

I'm looking for the cheapest price in the UK and USA, Can anyone please direct me to where I can get some quotes UK or USA and also how many labour hours it takes? (don't want to be ripped off)

On another note, I am quite disappointed with Lexus/Toyota with the price they charge for labour and in particularly the parts. :)

Many Thanks

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain, but I can't find the USA parts distributor. Can someone please provide a link to a USA and UK stockist.

:)

Many Thanks

Thanks for the advice,

Many Thanks

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=11989&hl=

No offence, but it's a luxury car, they gotta charge a bit more than a Corolla! I'm not sure how long the fitting time is, but shouldn't be more than a couple of hours per side.