Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clicking Brakes

dee_j_chin

Could be fitted incorrectly or warped discs.

How old are the brakes maybe they are just worn.

Do they do it just when your sitting on the brakes or when your driving normally?

The car is a 2000 model Altezza.

the pads are a couple months old. I don't think the previous owner did anything to the discs.

They only do it when I'm sitting on the brakes, say going down an extremely steep hill and slowly rolling down.

The first it happened in a long time was on Saturday, coming from a Church which was on top of a huge hill....

The car is a 2000 model Altezza.

the pads are a couple months old. I don't think the previous owner did anything to the discs.

They only do it when I'm sitting on the brakes, say going down an extremely steep hill and slowly rolling down.

The first it happened in a long time was on Saturday, coming from a Church which was on top of a huge hill....

same on mine think its a common fault on altezza's. i think its just the pads moving in the caliper.

My is200 has done it since i brought it and was told that the pads should have shims fitted to the back of the which stops them moving in the caliper my dads has 2 shims on each pad and never had a problem when i changed his pads the other week i put the shims back on the new pads and there still fine? Even though it doesn't do it all the time on mine only when going down hill like yourself :)

could it be the anti-squel clips?

they hold the pads in place, makes a clicking sound with every revloution of the tyre