Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yay! Is300 Coming Soon!

After owning a IS200SE Auto and an IS200 Sport I've just done a deal on an IS300 with SatNav.

Can't wait to pick it up - looking forward to going back to Automatic and having more bhp!

is3001hq2.th.jpg

is3002bc6.th.jpg

Will hopefully get it just after May Bank Holiday at the end of the month, depending on how long it takes DVLA to do my numberplate transfer.

Cheers

Phil

The 300 is fantastic! I’ve had mine just over a week and it really is a great machine, you will love it. Mine’s still on an ordinary “54” plate whilst we wait for the DVLA to do their stuff with the paperwork and let me use my personal reg. The new plates are in the garage, just waiting. Apparently, it can take up to 6 weeks nowadays.

Thanks for the nice comments.

It's on a 04 plate.

Am trading in my IS200 Sport 03 Reg (which only has 21k miles on it), having previously owned a 51 Reg IS200SE Auto.

Really am looking forward to it. I remember driving a 300 at an open road event not long after I got the 200 Auto and loved it. My wife knew I'd end up with one eventually.

i went to my local DVLA office with my retention certificate and insurance etc.and got it all changed over there and then and went and changed over my plates whilst they printed off my new MOT .........sorted

i went to my local DVLA office with my retention certificate and insurance etc.and got it all changed over there and then and went and changed over my plates whilst they printed off my new MOT .........sorted

It was quick for you because the number was already on retention. If you are transferring from one car to another there is a delay as they carry out checks. They may even want to view the donor vehicle to ensure it is road worthy.

It was quick for you because the number was already on retention. If you are transferring from one car to another there is a delay as they carry out checks. They may even want to view the donor vehicle to ensure it is road worthy.

My cousin bought a nearly new car a few months ago and tranferred plate in 5 days.Maybe dealerships speed this up im not sure?

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my IS300 from Cardiff today. Fantastic drive home (200 miles back to Sheffield) - really pleased with it so far. Very fast and quiet.

Will put some pictures up soon.

Only problem now is trying to get parking sensors fitted. Cardiff never returned my phone calls when I asked about getting them fitted before picking the car up, and Sheffield want £350+VAT for them. I only paid £299 inc VAT for them last time :-(

Cheers

Phil

Prolex were selling some for quite a lot cheaper than what you paid originally - may be worth a look!

I'll keep an eye out for you around Sheff :D

Have you been having fun playing with the gears on the steering wheel? :D

Much fun with those buttons - very handy on the motorway when getting ready to pull out to overtake.

Hello matey

Do like that colour and dont see too many about i've been looking at the is300 for a bit now in the antimony but not many about?

Found 1 at Milton keynes Lexus which hopefully i'm going to see tomorrow so i'll have 2 to play with then :D

enjoy :D

Car is still fab. I've done 500 miles since picking the car up last Tuesday and I now class it as the best car I've ever owned. Powerful when needed, refined and smooth when cruising on the motorway.

The colour is great too - really glad I chose it.

w77: The Sport pedals are standard on the IS300, so I don't know how much they cost.

aztecbandit1: I was going to look at that IS300 at Milton Keynes myself, as it was a good price for it's age and has nicer alloys that the ones I've got (IMO). But, I really wanted Sat Nav so didn't bother with the car in the end.

Cheers

Phil