Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Lip Spoiler

anyone know if the rear lip spoiler (original lexus part) for the is200's as an aftermarket option is just glued down or is it drilled as well??

As far as I can tell, both.

Not tried removing it though :duh:

does this mean the standard sport spoiler is just glued?

If it's an aftermarket you're not going to know. There are peeps who have cut off the bolts on the 2nd generation bootlip spoilers and added additional 3M badge adhesive tape to just glue them on...seems to work. :unsure: Only way to tell is to remove the boot liner and look for the nuts.

ok, thanks...I will look for my nuts later :whistling:

:D

got my tte one done today. forgot to ask if it was just glued. looks like it was drilled too tho..

also does anyone have pics of their rear lip spoiler (original lexus part without the brake lights) if they have got it done after they bought their car?

Mine is OEM and a later fit. Looks like a nut/bolt either end in boot + I guess glue, let me know if you still need a picture?

Usually fixed with both tape adhesive and nut/bolts.

Mine is OEM and a later fit. Looks like a nut/bolt either end in boot + I guess glue

does urs also have the brake light in it? i know some rear lip spoilers have the brake lights too. how many different rear lip spoilers are there (OEM ones) ?? lexus dealer told me only the TTE one was available now to fit as option to mine.the other rear spoiler was the higher level one with brake light.

no brake light in mine

hmm strange..unless urs is not done anymore?

Maybe, I will dig out the invoice in the morning and see if it has a part number...

Invoice was from Lexus Oxford and states

1 x IS200 RR SPLR L01600-00049-1C0 price was £85 + vat dated 08/2004

I am presuming this must be the spoiler... 1C0 would indicate the colour

Cheers

Jon.

Mine is OEM and a later fit. Looks like a nut/bolt either end in boot + I guess glue

spoiler__side.jpg

That bolt ain't for holding the spoiler on ;)

Look underneath the carpet lining on the bootlid... thats where you should see the nuts on the bottom of the spoiler...

Mine is an aftermarket copy of the Lexus one with the brake light... IIRC there was at least 6 bolts and some thin tape used to attach it

:)

That bolt ain't for holding the spoiler on ;)

Look underneath the carpet lining on the bootlid... thats where you should see the nuts on the bottom of the spoiler...

Mine is an aftermarket copy of the Lexus one with the brake light... IIRC there was at least 6 bolts and some thin tape used to attach it

:)

got pics of urs?