Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have the chance to upgrade my sat Nav DVD, my current DVD is 2003-2004 V1 86271 - 24122 (70V312A) and the upgrade is 2005-2006 V1 86271 - 53030 (60V660E). I do not know what Lexus model this has come out of !! :blink:

Does anyone know if I would have a problem ? :angry: or is it just the case of popping it in and letting the DVD load and off I go ? :D

Or is that too simple ?

I assume if it is none compatible, it will just not load and I just have to put my old one back in.

I am also taking a chance, as I do not know if there is a big difference on the data between these two DVD's to make it worth while doing :excl:

You just put the new dvd in and wait for the update screen to finish and thats it.

I got mine from that lexus-europe site for £110, took two days to arrive:

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

I had the 2001 DVD and upgraded to 2006-07 - its miles better, with all the latest roads and loads more POI's.

Thanks for that :D . Did your upgrade DVD change any functions or cosmetics to the options on screen, or was it just the same, except for the updated data of course !!

Cheers

You just put the new dvd in and wait for the update screen to finish and thats it.

I got mine from that lexus-europe site for £110, took two days to arrive:

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

I had the 2001 DVD and upgraded to 2006-07 - its miles better, with all the latest roads and loads more POI's.

Thanks for that :D . Did your upgrade DVD change any functions or cosmetics to the options on screen, or was it just the same, except for the updated data of course !!

Cheers

Only thing I can think of there is an extra language to choose from on the "health and safety I agree to not drive like a nutter screen" when you first start the car.