Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hot New Grille For New Gs300 And Gs400

just seen this new site - looks interesting - anyone know anything about this new grille????????? www.lexuses.co.uk

Are you marketing it by any chance? £795 for an overlay to the existing grill sounds like one hell of a rip-off, and that's probably what will happen as soon as you park it anywhere outside your own garage. :whistling:

Sorry if I'm totally unjustifed in asking the question, but seems too much of a coincidence for a first post.

just seen this new site - looks interesting - anyone know anything about this new grille????????? www.lexuses.co.uk

Are you marketing it by any chance? £750 for an overlay (CF?) to the existing grill sounds like one hell of a rip-off, and that's probably what will happen as soon as you park it anywhere outside your own garage. :whistling:

Sorry if I'm totally unjustifed in asking the question, but seems too much of a coincidence for a first post.

Nice grille But £795 :tsktsk: Some one is taking the pi$$ And an even bigger mug that goes out and pays that much for it. Some Chav will pull it off and have it on eBay for a few quid.

It's a nice mod I like it but I don't think the price tag can be justified. At a reasonable price they would probably sell quite good.

No doubt they will now be copied and sold at a fraction of the cost.

Are you marketing it by any chance? £750 for an overlay (CF?) to the existing grill sounds like one hell of a rip-off, and that's probably what will happen as soon as you park it anywhere outside your own garage. :whistling:

Hi there - I have just got a new GS300 SE and wanted to personalise a bit - with this grille I found, a spoiler, and the such like - a spoiler from lexus is quoted at £420 plus VAT plus fitting !!!!!! so I think the grille is a very fair price in comparison! - has anyone seen one? thanks

Hi there - I have just got a new GS300 SE and wanted to personalise a bit - with this grille I found, a spoiler, and the such like - a spoiler from lexus is quoted at £420 plus VAT plus fitting !!!!!! so I think the grille is a very fair price in comparison! - has anyone seen one? thanks

Well I'm glad you do - I think it's a complete rip off. £795 for a couple of strips of chrome?

The whole site looks like a con to me - it's far too stylishly done with bugger all content. One single page, no real details, no proper photos on a variety of cars, pseudo-authentic looking 'vehicle(s) shown may feature optional equipment' statement at the bottom, - I doubt the grills even exist, frankly. The site is trying to pass itself off at first sight as some sort of official accessories supplier but contains multiple spelling errors, and to cap it all, the domain lexuses.co.uk was only registered on 17th April this year.

To be avoided, until proven otherwise, methinks...

Well I'm glad you do - I think it's a complete rip off. £795 for a couple of strips of chrome?

The whole site looks like a con to me - it's far too stylishly done with bugger all content. One single page, no real details, no proper photos on a variety of cars, pseudo-authentic looking 'vehicle(s) shown may feature optional equipment' statement at the bottom, - I doubt the grills even exist, frankly. The site is trying to pass itself off at first sight as some sort of official accessories supplier but contains multiple spelling errors, and to cap it all, the domain lexuses.co.uk was only registered on 17th April this year.

THANKS TO ALL FOR FEEDBACK - THE PRODUCT IS REAL AS JUST GOT EMAIL WITH PICS FROM THE SUPPLIER - LOOKS RATHER GOOD I THINK - BUT I AM NOT GOING TO PAY IN ADVANCE UNTIL I HAVE PHYSICALLY SEEN THE GRILLE ON THE CAR - THIS IS BEING ARRANGED FOR THE WEEKEND, SO IF ITS GOOD AND FITS WELL I WILL POST A FEW PICS FOR ALL TO SEE

You getting some pics from the 'supplier' doesn't make the product real, so good luck...

You've not yet denied having anything to do with marketing this product... It's a heck of a coincidence that you registered here on exactly the same day as that domain was registered?

You getting some pics from the 'supplier' doesn't make the product real, so good luck...

You've not yet denied having anything to do with marketing this product... It's a heck of a coincidence that you registered here on exactly the same day as that domain was registered?

IM INTERESTED IN BUYING - NOT SELLING !!! - thats why I am asking if anyone knows about this and for feedback - ANYWAY I WILL PHYSICALLY SEE THE PRODUCT THIS WEEKEND - IF ITS GOOD WILL BUY AFTER FITTING (ASSUMING SECURE) - WILL LET YOU KNOW NEXT WEEK PLUS SOME PICS IF I GO AHEAD

IT WOULD APPEAR THERE IS VERY LITTLE IN QUALITY EXTRAS FOR LEXUS SO WILL FIND OUT WHAT ELSE THEY HAVE - BY THE WAY I GATHER THE PRODUCT IS MADE IN JAPAN (NO SURPRISE THERE, BUT THATS GOOD NEWS I THINK)

IT WOULD APPEAR THERE IS VERY LITTLE IN QUALITY EXTRAS FOR LEXUS SO WILL FIND OUT WHAT ELSE THEY HAVE - BY THE WAY I GATHER THE PRODUCT IS MADE IN JAPAN (NO SURPRISE THERE, BUT THATS GOOD NEWS I THINK)

Hmmmm...think you've been rumbled fella, so suggest you stop now :shifty:

WHAT A STRANGE LOT ! - ANYWAY THANKS FOR SOME TIPS RE SECURE BOLT ON ETC SO CANNOT BE STOLEN - GOOD POINT - LOOKS LIKE THERE IS JEALOUSY ON THIS SITE WHEN ALL I WANT TO DO IS ESTABLISH WHAT THIS PRODUCT IS LIKE - IF ANYONE HAS ALREADY PURCHASED WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM THEM

MEANTIME WILL TELL EVERYONE NEXT WEEK WHAT I THINK WHEN I SEE IT IN THE FLESH - BY THE WAY I JUST LOVE MY NEW LEXUS - REALLY IMPRESSED, THOUGH THE DEALER NETWORK IN THE SW IS NOT SO IMPRESSIVE

WHAT A STRANGE LOT ! - ANYWAY THANKS FOR SOME TIPS RE SECURE BOLT ON ETC SO CANNOT BE STOLEN - GOOD POINT - LOOKS LIKE THERE IS JEALOUSY ON THIS SITE WHEN ALL I WANT TO DO IS ESTABLISH WHAT THIS PRODUCT IS LIKE - IF ANYONE HAS ALREADY PURCHASED WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM THEM

MEANTIME WILL TELL EVERYONE NEXT WEEK WHAT I THINK WHEN I SEE IT IN THE FLESH - BY THE WAY I JUST LOVE MY NEW LEXUS - REALLY IMPRESSED, THOUGH THE DEALER NETWORK IN THE SW IS NOT SO IMPRESSIVE

which dealer in sw :question: Im well impressed with Exeter and very happy with Bristol :) glad your happy with your car though and welcome to the club

Total con !!

The bottom of the page says they are not affiliated with the division of Toyata motor sales. What are they doing using a registered and copyright trademark on their site then? Namely The 'L' Lexus sysmbol !!

Steer well clear

The Ed

which dealer in sw :question: Im well impressed with Exeter and very happy with Bristol :) glad your happy with your car though and welcome to the club

HI SPIKES - EXTER HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY APPALLING SO FAR -ITS MORE THE FRONT STAFF WHO HAVE BUNGLED EVERYTHING SO FAR AND CANT EVEN GET AN OREDR FOR mats FOR ME CORRECTLY - THEY ALSO NEVER FOLLOW UP OR RESPOND SO WILL PROB TAKE CAR TO ANOTHER DEALER - WHO WOULD U RECOMMEND NEAR - PLYMOUTH ???

AS FOR THE WEBSITE I THINK IT LOOKS PROFESSIONAL, I HAVE SPOKEN WITH THEM AND APPEAR VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE - AND THEY DONT PROFESS TO BE ANYTHING BUT A 3RD PARTY SUPPLIER FOR LEXUS PARTS

sorry to hear about exeter,cant help you on any other dealers,maybe some one else can advise.best thing to do is phone or pay them a visit

there is also a dealer in poole........good luck,keep us informed :)

I think everyone's being a little harsh here, let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt.......

However, what I will say is that if that really is a genuine item, I don't quite get it. You don't remove the original grille, so it's not even a grille you are buying. It's 6 pieces of plastic, that will somehow fix onto your grille.

And £800 for that? Please take no offence, but in my opinion, you have to be nuts to pay £800 for a few tiny strips of plastic...... :yahoo::blink:

Money would be much better spent on the front bumper skirt that Lexus now do for the GS - will probably cost less too :winky:

WHAT A STRANGE LOT ! - ANYWAY THANKS FOR SOME TIPS RE SECURE BOLT ON ETC SO CANNOT BE STOLEN - GOOD POINT - LOOKS LIKE THERE IS JEALOUSY ON THIS SITE WHEN ALL I WANT TO DO IS ESTABLISH WHAT THIS PRODUCT IS LIKE -

I did apologise if the the suggestions were unfounded, but it's still a series of remarkable co-incidences. Not sure what you mean by jealousy on this site as in all the time I've been on it have not been aware of any.

AND PLEASE STOP SHOUTING...it hurts the ears :)

Would never trust a site that has no contact address ,and to be honest grille looks crap and so overpriced .i thought lexus main dealer prices were a joke but that takes the p*ss.i would steer well clear as i think the new gs looks great without it . Mike B i think you are spot on with your post..

Hahahaah - funniest thread ever. Almost £800 for some stick on grill bits LMFAO!!!

And there was me thinking that these stick on grill kits on eBay were overpriced....

Stick on grill kits on eBay

One born everyday I suppose!

well I have the product now and fitted - it looks FANTASTIC - strange how a grille can transform a car and make it look even better - will load up some pics for next week when I have my camera working - and btw it wasnt any where near £800 !!! and it isnt a few pieces of stick on stuff - its a complete unit - very well made and easy to fit - anyway its all about the end result - looks exactly like the grille on the CLS 63 AMG £90,000 Mercedes ! I am very pleased anyway !

what your link said.............

2006 - GS430 - GS300 Sports Grille

The hottest grille on the market for the new Lexus GS!

Recognising the status and brand image of Lexus we fully recognise the discerning buyer of quality and style may wish to add value to the investment made in a Lexus car (at least additional cost) and at the same time DIFFERENTIATE the car even more in the market.

As such we introduce the 'HOTTEST' grille on the market for the new GS300 and GS430 and only available in Europe from us.

This is the first of many new UNIQUE products (external and in cabin) we will be launching to compliment the Lexus brand and for now stock will be limited.

This grille is termed an insert grille - that means its simple to install (just 15 minutes) and preserves your original car if you ever wish to revert.

Simply overlay this grille over the existing one. Thats it ! - job done. STUNNING RESULT.

Introductory prices are £795 (including VAT, delivery to UK mainland and all simple fitting components) . The change to your Lexus is STUNNING- STYLE, SOPHISTICATION and EXHILERATING is what people are saying - take a look at the pictures and make up your own mind however.

I don't think there's a connection.

www.lexuses.co.uk registered to a Michalis Khongthong on 17th April 2007, whereas Marklkent signed up on LOC on... oh.

Site is hosted by BGFWeb.com in the US by the way.

www.lexuses.co.uk registered to a Michalis Khongthong on 17th April 2007, whereas Marklkent signed up on LOC on... oh.

sounds like there are some clever techies out there - for which i appreciate input - anyway for those interested I purchased for £400 plus VAT and delivery - as i say i will post pics next week and you can make up your own minds - meantime i am after some wooden inserts - anyway any ideas or links for me - gratefully received Mark

sounds like there are some clever techies out there - for which i appreciate input - anyway for those interested I purchased for £400 plus VAT and delivery - as i say i will post pics next week and you can make up your own minds - meantime i am after some wooden inserts - anyway any ideas or links for me - gratefully received Mark

ah now i get it - some of you guys are dealers in Lexus products hence the peculiar interest in the site and links rather than the product - ie Prolex, TDI etc - quite funny really - I wondered why there was jealousy on the replies but couldnt understand !!!!! - OK dealers sell me some more goods for my new GS300 to make it unigue - all usefull info gratefully received - Lexus itself in the UK is VERY limited and VERY expensive - again thanks

ah now i get it - some of you guys are dealers in Lexus products hence the peculiar interest in the site and links rather than the product - ie Prolex, TDI etc - quite funny really - I wondered why there was jealousy on the replies but couldnt understand !!!!! - OK dealers sell me some more goods for my new GS300 to make it unigue - all usefull info gratefully received - Lexus itself in the UK is VERY limited and VERY expensive - again thanks

Well you got yourself a true bargain didn't you... Has anyone seen the new series on TV by Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse? Each show includes a sketch in a shop called 'I saw you coming' which features a salesman in an emporium of grossly overpriced junk, which he then proceeds to sell to gullible people with considerably more money than sense. Obviously, this sketch is more closely based on real life than I thought!

Mark, you've been asked before to identify what this jealousy is you keep mentioning. No-one here is jealous of anyone else on here, but many of us do know each other quite well both in real life and through the forums. So if we get presented with an ad for something that is both grossly overpriced and advertised in a misleading way, then how can you possibly be surprised if it gets called out for being such? It's not jealousy, it's just common sense - and most of us didn't get to own a Lexus by being especially short of common sense or intelligence. So in other words it's not jealousy, and none of us here are stupid.

Frankly I think you have insulted all of us by waltzing in saying you've found something amazing (when it is blatantly not), is 'a very fair price' (when it is very overpriced), and then banded accusations of jealousy around, when in fact all anyone has ever said is that the grille is far too expensive for what it is and the company selling it looks very suspicious. There is no contact address or phone number, or decent photos, and seems to have been built to resemble as closely as possible a genuine Toyota/Lexus website whilst just staying on the right side of the law. None of which is likely to fill anyone with a great deal of confidence. And since you have just tried to brush aside any comments relating to the huge coincidence of you registering here with almost the same name as the owner of that domain, on exactly the same day as that domain was registered - well that doesn't inspire confidence in either your commendations for the product, or the site itself. Again, not jealousy but common sense.