Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Problem

Alrite Peepz,

I'm having some trouble with my Is200, I was driving to work today and noticed a light came on, i couldnt figure out what it means (I know i need to get hold of a manual). Even after work driving home its still coming on, i have no idea what it means :-S

I have taken a picture. Could anyone please tell me if they know what this means or is??? :-S

Pleaseeee :(

carhf3.th.jpg

i think it felt a bit funny driving on the way back :-S How does that happen? And how do i fix it? Any suggestions? :(

Best bet is to plug an OB.... reader thingy into it, cant remember the exact name OBD2 or something. Get the fault code read and diagnosed that way you know exactly what's wrong. The check engine light can come on for a number of reasons.

I found this , do u think i have the same problem? I got a brand new radiator fitted last year and ive been looking after my car, altho i havent done an oil check for a cple months :-S

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...anagement+light

Do u think i cud take it to any garage and they will have this thing to diagnose my car or shud i take it to lexus dealer and ask them to diagnose it?

I dont think my car is under warranty, i bought it second hand.

I found this , do u think i have the same problem? I got a brand new radiator fitted last year and ive been looking after my car, altho i havent done an oil check for a cple months :-S

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...anagement+light

Do u think i cud take it to any garage and they will have this thing to diagnose my car or shud i take it to lexus dealer and ask them to diagnose it?

I dont think my car is under warranty, i bought it second hand.

Yes you can take to any garage that has reader not just lexus, find the code thats making the light come on :D

Could be coilpack or sensor, but until you get code you will not be sure :blink:

If you car is under 3yrs old and under 60k, and had service history (dont have to be lexus, vat reg garage ok) you should be ok for warranty

Alrite Thanks Gord :)

I dont think the car was over heating tho, so i knw for sure it cant be the radiator. Will lexus charge me a lot just for diagnosing the fault?? Any idea how much lexus will charge just for checking??

Im not gonna drive the car till sat morning now, will take it to lexus then.

Alrite Thanks Gord :)

I dont think the car was over heating tho, so i knw for sure it cant be the radiator. Will lexus charge me a lot just for diagnosing the fault?? Any idea how much lexus will charge just for checking??

Im not gonna drive the car till sat morning now, will take it to lexus then.

Some charge and some dont :blink: dont know cost, lexus stockport did mine free :o

Sometimes you will get for free, if the dealer then thinking you going to buy part or have work done by them :winky:

Hey Gord,

I think i mite know a reason as to this light being on. In the past few weeks i have noticed a noise coming from my car, its like something underneath my car, it happens wen i go on bumpy road or over a speed bump, sometimes i feel it below the floor under the accelerator pedal, other times passenger or rear, lately its gotten worse, my plan was to take it a garage this saturday anyway to get that checked out and now this light came on today, do u think it could be related? Also the front passenger door has been makin rattling kinda noise as well, its on and off tho, was happening on a motorway, and it was smooth road so i dnt see why that was happening.

Again, any input/suggestions i really appreciate it. I jst had dinner was amazing, if u lived local, u cudve came round hehe.

Btw do u think it could be coz ive been pumpin my gf in the back seats too much? ( ok i knw u didnt need to know that, but again jst discussing the possibilities)

Hey Gord,

I think i mite know a reason as to this light being on. In the past few weeks i have noticed a noise coming from my car, its like something underneath my car, it happens wen i go on bumpy road or over a speed bump, sometimes i feel it below the floor under the accelerator pedal, other times passenger or rear, lately its gotten worse, my plan was to take it a garage this saturday anyway to get that checked out and now this light came on today, do u think it could be related? Also the front passenger door has been makin rattling kinda noise as well, its on and off tho, was happening on a motorway, and it was smooth road so i dnt see why that was happening.

Again, any input/suggestions i really appreciate it. I jst had dinner was amazing, if u lived local, u cudve came round hehe.

Btw do u think it could be coz ive been pumpin my gf in the back seats too much? ( ok i knw u didnt need to know that, but again jst discussing the possibilities)

Sure mate could be your back seat :D but what you get upto with the sheep on your back seats is up to you mate :winky:

Dan

They are winding all you up, the light is a picture of an ultrasound machine, it means the gf is pregnant.

The back seat takes hormone readings off "deposits" and lets you know via the dash, Lexus think of everything :lol:

very funny!! :-P

i jst drove the car , was hungry. I noticed wot u mean by limp mode, my car was missing something, it was moving to the right more , wasnt that much , it was jst now an again.

wot does this limp mode mean?????

very funny!! :-P

i jst drove the car , was hungry. I noticed wot u mean by limp mode, my car was missing something, it was moving to the right more , wasnt that much , it was jst now an again.

wot does this limp mode mean?????

Its a sort of Dance :winky: bit like the high jump :D

If you sprain your ankle you limp, right?

It's exactly the same. The car feels something wrong and tries to protect itself.

Sometimes, the error is temporary (for whatever reason) and can just be cleared (it'll stick until then), but most often it'll be a sign of something gone awry.

i just found out the problem, had a diagnostic done. Its the oxygen sensors, i need to get 2 new oxygen sensors, the guy recommended i get the bosch 1s. The ecu has been reset and the light has gone. Does this cause the car to jitter? the acceleration and everything is fine, i felt the car was swayin more to the right, not sure, i think its prob just me, besides the weather is real ***** here , dead windy an wet.

limp mode wont cause the car to pull in a different direction. just doesn't run to full potential as there is a fault and wont want to cause any more harm to it. resetting does clear the fault light but the fault is still there. get it sorted