Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Evil Scroats In Manchester

It is a sad day. Some scrotes in Manchester (at the NCP on Whitworth street) have tried to break in to my beloved Lexus. They have attempted to break front passenger window in 10 places, tried to break under the seal of the window and put a nice dent in to the door with either a crowbar or a screwdriver.

:angry:

Fortunately they did not get in and only caused some dammage but think it will be a new door and window. What did worry me was my alarm did not go off.

Feel for you :tsktsk:

I remember when someone tried to screwdriver out the lock on my first IS same again the alarm didn't go off, but at least they didn't get in.

Have you spoken to NCP? Their car parks in Manchester are all covered by CCTV, they have a central control room in the High Street Car Park, in teh Arndale. They share this facility with the Police so they might have something.

Good luck!

The alarm on the IS won't go off until they open a door, bonnet or bootlid ot take a window out. The latter then depends on if you got the interior alarm switched on or off. To be sure open the windows, lock the car up leave it a few minutes and stick arm through window.

I hate thieving :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: why cant they have respect for other peoples property!!

At least they didnt get in and take anything or cause any damage inside. Hope you get it sorted soon mate and lets hope the little :tsktsk: get caught!

They attempted *unsuccessfully* to break it in 10 places? I guess that's just proof that most thieves are too stupid to do anything else... From a theft perspective, modern windows are really nice as they pretty much completely disintegrate if a small part breaks.

If you haven't already, you may want to consider applying film to the inside of your windows. It's magnificent at keeping thing out even if it breaks, and if you need to break it out it'll let you easily. In addition, it keeps all the not-very-nice glass shards together.

101987.jpg

101988.jpg

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Sorry to here your news.

Hope the camera's shed some light into the little :tsktsk: scrots.

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Sorry to hear about this pal, but look at it this way.........

You could be posting here saying that your beloved IS200 has been stolen and either:

a: Recovered and damaged

b: Recovered and a write off

c: Never found

You have been pretty lucky when you consider what could've happened.

All the best mate and hope it get's sorted soon,

Jamie

Sorry to hear about this pal, but look at it this way.........

You could be posting here saying that your beloved IS200 has been stolen and either:

a: Recovered and damaged

b: Recovered and a write off

c: Never found

You have been pretty lucky when you consider what could've happened.

All the best mate and hope it get's sorted soon,

Jamie

Can they nick a lexus with out the keys? they broke my girlfriend window before just to get her empty bag scum :tsktsk:

If they get caught the police should take them along to one of our meets and leave them with us lot for the afternoon so that we can ........How to put this............reform them .............sorry to hear about your car mate.

if you got the interior alarm switched on or off.

How do you control the alarm settings on an IS200? (I don't have my user manual....)

Martin.

If you do a search mate there are some threads regarding this issue which should clear it up for you.

It depends on whether it is pre 2001 or post 2001.

Talking about Scroats.

This guy is going to Liverpool and parks his car up.

Couple of young Scroats say to him," Can we mind your car Mister?"

The guy points to the car and the 2 Rottwellers in the back seat and say's "Why would I need you to mind my car with them two in the back?"

One kid say's "Ah.Yes, but can they put fires out!"

The guy gave them a fiver :D

Any ideas on how much this would cost, fitted to an IS200 then?

I had my done at www.pentagonbirmingham.com, £575 inc VAT, price includes 4 side windows and rear screen. Take roughly £100 off if you only have the side windows done (suitable if you go for the clear/transparent version all round).

did your insurance company reconise this?