Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intermittent Wiper Problem

I have a problem with my 2006 400h. The wipers work ok normally but the intermittent wiper setting is not working. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix this? It is driving me nuts. Your help is appreciated.

• 7 years later...

I have the same problem.

I am no longer able to alter the intervalometer of The intermittent wipe, on my 400H. In fact, that position does not work at all.

Is it possible that I have somehow disabled it? Maybe it is in a mode that is automatic and waiting for the train to come down?

HELP!

Thanks,

David

Probably a faulty or loose rain sensor. If you disconnect it then the intermittent wipers work in a conventional way, ie timed not dependant on rain intensity. I disconnected mine as I prefer the timed settings anyway.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Correct, remove the cover by pulling out the long clip at the bottom then just disconnect the plug, you are now on simple timed intermittent wipers as we were all used to.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Perfect, Woody. Thank you. Took all of one minute to unclip the cover the box, and pull out the white connector block.

The variable interval wiper is now working just as is should have been.

And saving the £300 estimate given by Lexus to fix it!

Thanks again- ('tho not sure how to clip the box cover back, so threw it in the glove pocket for future generations to discover)!

David

ps: For anyone interested, I finally solved the problem of repeatedly flat Battery when left at airports, etc.

Perfect, Woody. Thank you. Took all of one minute to unclip the cover the box, and pull out the white connector block.

The variable interval wiper is now working just as is should have been.

And saving the £300 estimate given by Lexus to fix it!

Thanks again- ('tho not sure how to clip the box cover back, so threw it in the glove pocket for future generations to discover)!

David

ps: For anyone interested, I finally solved the problem of repeatedly flat battery when left at airports, etc.

Are you saying that disconnecting the auto interval control box cured the Battery going dead after a week or so? If so this is good news for a load of 400 owners!

Sorry to confuse you with two totally different problems. And two totally different solutions.

Absolutely no connection between them.

All I meant to say was that, last year, I used to have a nightmare problem with Battery flat on my 400H. But I eventually solved that problem months ago.

If you want to know more, best phone me, 020 8 364 0022, or contact me on user group via new topic. All best, David

• 5 years later...

My RX300 suffers from exactly the same problem; the intermittent "interval" turning wheel does nothing, the wipers operates back and forth though. Anyone has a clue where the relay is located? Not integrated with the wiper control rod/knob assembly, is it?

On 24 June 2014 at 10:04 AM, daviddavid said:

Sorry to confuse you with two totally different problems. And two totally different solutions.

Absolutely no connection between them.

All I meant to say was that, last year, I used to have a nightmare problem with Battery flat on my 400H. But I eventually solved that problem months ago.

If you want to know more, best phone me, 020 8 364 0022, or contact me on user group via new topic. All best, David

Might be nice if you could spare the time and do a write up on here on how to solve that problem you had ( as I'm sure you will not be the only one to have suffered from it) and help any future owners if they do a search for the problem.

also not really advisable to put your personal phone number ( if it is, as opposed to business no) on an open forum!

paul m

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I have a problem with my 2014 Lexus ES 350. The wipers work ok normally but the intermittent wiper setting is not working. If I move the switch to shorten the interval time, the wipers cycle once and park.  This occurs no matter which time interval is selected (long, medium, short).  All other wiper functions work properly.  Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix this? This is NOT a rain sensing system. Your help is appreciated.

Ok I have the is250 but I had that problem. Cure was to get one of those gel pads used between the windscreen and the sensor. My car didn't have one because its had a none genuine new windscreen fitted at some time. One the gel pad fitted all works as it should.