Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Do Some People Think They Know It All?

Rikos

I was going into town today to get some dinner on my lunch break, thought i'd have a nice big sandwhich from the local sandwhich shop. Was really looking forward to it as i was starving :D ..... but ..... i didnt even make it out the car park.

I parked up in the local car park, go my ticket and dropped it in my windscreen turned round and there he was ... looked like a nice bloke but wish i'd ignored him now! :whistling:

He started by saying "nice car, always liked the lexus's" i was happy with that nice comment. So just said thanks and started to walk off he then said is this the 2.5 ltr version, i turned and so no it's 2.0 ltr straight 6 all the IS200's are ... and that was it! Goodbye dinner break, goodbye sandwhich and goodbye good mood!! :angry:

He started banging on about that lexus made a IS200 with a 2.5 ltr engine between 99-06. I did mention the fact that it wouldnt be called the IS200 if it was a 2.5 but no he wouldnt have it. I even showed him the manufacturers book and told him i was a member of the owners club and there was no such car but no he still wouldnt have it. 20 minutes later after a long heated debate i just gave in and said yeah ok mate there is one and he went on his way all happy!! What a :tsktsk:

Some people really do think they know it all!!!

I hope i'm not wrong and there really is one :lol:

The new IS250 is 2.5l. Maybe he was getting mixed up.

That was what i thought and pretty sure it's what he meant but he kept insisting it was 99-06 that they where made :duh: never mind.

I wonder what the performance stats would be for an IS with a 1.4 engine :o you'd never reach 60!!

:o

has no-one heard of the IS250 ?

was a version made for the middle east and certain asian countries

used the engine from the Lexus ES250

available concurrently with the european IS300

perhaps some people do know it all :winky:

I was going into town today to get some dinner on my lunch break, thought i'd have a nice big sandwhich from the local sandwhich shop. Was really looking forward to it as i was starving :D ..... but ..... i didnt even make it out the car park.

I parked up in the local car park, go my ticket and dropped it in my windscreen turned round and there he was ... looked like a nice bloke but wish i'd ignored him now! :whistling:

He started by saying "nice car, always liked the lexus's" i was happy with that nice comment. So just said thanks and started to walk off he then said is this the 2.5 ltr version, i turned and so no it's 2.0 ltr straight 6 all the IS200's are ... and that was it! Goodbye dinner break, goodbye sandwhich and goodbye good mood!! :angry:

He started banging on about that lexus made a IS200 with a 2.5 ltr engine between 99-06. I did mention the fact that it wouldnt be called the IS200 if it was a 2.5 but no he wouldnt have it. I even showed him the manufacturers book and told him i was a member of the owners club and there was no such car but no he still wouldnt have it. 20 minutes later after a long heated debate i just gave in and said yeah ok mate there is one and he went on his way all happy!! What a :tsktsk:

Some people really do think they know it all!!!

I hope i'm not wrong and there really is one :lol:

:o

has no-one heard of the IS250 ?

was a version made for the middle east and certain asian countries

used the engine from the Lexus ES250

available concurrently with the european IS300

perhaps some people do know it all :winky:

:question: What is this :question:

Maybe he was right ..... i bloody hope not!!

what did your mother tell you about talking to strange men in car parks

or believing what you read on the internet :winky:

you were quite right :lol::lol: