Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Con Faults

I have an old GS300 1997. It has climate control, icy air comes out of passenger side but not from the drivers side. Drivers and passenger side can get hot but the cold blast will not come out of the drivers side. Any ideas? low gas? switching control on air con?

Please help!

This a common problem on some GS's.

There are 'doors' (dont know their real name) inside the heating system that open and close to let the warm and cold air mix to create the desired temp. As there is a dual climate system on the GS there are 2 systems.

In 1 of the 2 systems, these 'doors' can get stuck open or closed sometimes creating the fault you have (ie only one side).

There is a thread over on clublex that has a DIY fit. Give me a few mins and I will dig it out for you.

HTH

Paul

There are 'doors' (dont know their real name) inside the heating system that open and close to let the warm and cold air mix to create the desired temp. As there is a dual climate system on the GS there are 2 systems.

I believe the word you are looking for there mate is..... Flaps :blink: