Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220d Sport As A Tow Car

Hi Guys

Had a whole day test drive of a 220d Sport last Friday to see if it would be an option instead of the ubiquitous Bemm 330d, Loved the toys, the handling and the better comfort. However I was concerned about the significant turbo lag and the likely effect this would have as a tow car. Has anyone got experience of towing a caravan with this car? The dealer told me the lag was due to the very significant additional emmissions kit needed to achieve the new Euro standards. Thanks Pete.

Hi Guys

Had a whole day test drive of a 220d Sport last Friday to see if it would be an option instead of the ubiquitous Bemm 330d, Loved the toys, the handling and the better comfort. However I was concerned about the significant turbo lag and the likely effect this would have as a tow car. Has anyone got experience of towing a caravan with this car? The dealer told me the lag was due to the very significant additional emmissions kit needed to achieve the new Euro standards. Thanks Pete.

I don't think I've ever seen Lexus IS pulling a caravan!!??

Hi Guys

I tow a Caravan with the Lexus and it is fine as a tow car. It has a lot of power at low end therefore have never had a problem moving our caravan. I tow an 2006 Stearling Eccels Jewel, what do you have??

Hi Guys

I tow a Caravan with the Lexus and it is fine as a tow car. It has a lot of power at low end therefore have never had a problem moving our caravan. I tow an 2006 Stearling Eccels Jewel, what do you have??

I have a 2007 Coachman VIP 460/2 with a MPTL of 1420kg, with my current BM330d I dont even notice it on the back and get 34mpg towing. Is the Lex as impressive?

Hi Guys

I have a 2007 Coachman VIP 460/2 with a MPTL of 1420kg, with my current BM330d I dont even notice it on the back and get 34mpg towing. Is the Lex as impressive?

Nice van. Our MPTL is 1500kg. You know the van is there but the car just keeps on pulling. :D I love the faces of drivers sitting next to you at lights when you beat them off. :) The Lex is not anywhere near that mpg, I sometimes struggle to to get 39mpg when not towing. At the moment mine is doing around 24-26mpg when towing....