Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apple Mac Assistance

Rob

hi all i am staying at a mtes place for a few a weeks and he has to be awkward and own a mac....... so how do u open the cd drive??????

i had a look on the net but all i can find is something about pushing the apple key + e at the same time , but the comp just beeps at me, i cant find anywhere that displays the drive or even shows the drive exists ...

no idea which model but the cd is hidden behind a flap between 2 round speakers on the front of the monitor. :blush:

If you look at the keyboard usually somewhere above the numeric keypad there is an UP arrow kinda looking key

this will eject the drive

or you can pull the drive icon into the bin or bring up the right click menu and select eject.

why they couldnt just put a button on it is beyond me !!

hi all i am staying at a mtes place for a few a weeks and he has to be awkward and own a mac....... so how do u open the cd drive??????

i had a look on the net but all i can find is something about pushing the apple key + e at the same time , but the comp just beeps at me, i cant find anywhere that displays the drive or even shows the drive exists ...

no idea which model but the cd is hidden behind a flap between 2 round speakers on the front of the monitor. :blush:

generally there is a key on the keyboard for ejecting CD's, usually found on the top right corner. it looks like a triangle with a line underneath. If thats not there then try all the 'F' keys on the top right of the keyboard. There may be a key with a circle and a line inside it, that is the on/reset key.

[Apple + E] will eject a CD that you have selected on the desktop. it wont open the drive bay otherwise.

Its totally alien to PC users at the start but after a while you will wish you had that key on your PC.

Sounds like you have a prehistoric 1st gen coloured iMac!

He is not awkward for having a Mac - he is awkward for not having upgraded it for about 7 years!!!

You mean eMac surely.... :yawn: