Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Day Out At Wembley

Took a trip to the New Wembley yesterday to watch my Home town Morecambe in the Conference Play off finals.

What a day!

Had to set off at Six in the morning and didn't get back till 11 at night but it was a great day out.

Wembley looks great and seems really well laid out. Inside it's its all pretty well organised and the Leg room you get compared to other stadiums is amazing, loads of it!

The game itself was thrilling. Morecambe went one down just before the ten minute mark, but the game just got better and better and even though we missed a penalty we got a goal back just before half time.

Then with ten minutes to go of the 90, Danny Carlton smashed an unstoppable shot in the top corner! Morecambe 2 -1. The last ten minutes were nailbiting but they did it. Much better game than that drivel on Saturday

We were outnumbered in Supporters by almost two to one but the noise at the final whistle was deafening.

The atmosphere was amazing, and prices were cheaper than the FA cup the day before (still £3.50 for a pint but thats not too bad.)

All in all a great day out that i'm suffering for today (no voice left, and starting drinking at half six in the morning hasn't left me feeling great). Went when i was younger to the old Wembley so great to see the new one.

Can't wait to see Morecambe in Division 2 next year! Congratulations to the Whole team. :yahoo:

great stuff! im probs going to the Championshiup playoff final as my best mate is a Derby fan and his brother may not be able to go, so i have first dabs on the ticket.

was it as good as expected?

i have VERY high expectations of it, as i went to the Millenium Stadium 2 years ago to watch the mighty wednesday :lol: beat Hartlepool in the league 1 playoff final! and what a day that was......

im struggling to beleive the atmosphere of wembley will surpass that of cardiff but cant wait to find out!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links