Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chuffed About Insurance!

Hi guys,

Im getting a IS200 sport with styling kit at the start of next month, and was a bit worried about the insurance (im only 21). So I rang my insurance company today (direct line), to see how much it would be to change the car for the remainder of the policy (7 months). At the moment Im paying 450 tptf to insure my N reg 205 Diesel, so was dreading the result. The nice woman said its an extra 207 quid one off payment to change to the Lex fully comp. So chuffed, roll on next month.

Oh, and RE my thread a while ago about Direct line and the styling kit(direct line dont like mods for under 25s), she asked whether it was modified or not, and whether it had any optional extras. I said the styling kit was a factory fitted extra and she thats fine.YAY

Gazza

My insurance is due too...

im dreading it, im 23 and with no NCB, as i did this..

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/766008.aspx

to my other car.

most places are offering me £1400, and i hate it, so i might be forced to go under my dads name, and let him take the policy with his 9yrs NCB.

I hate insurance in this country, us law abiding folk have to fork out silly money to cover everyone else *sigh

ill let you know how much i end up paying

The big thing is the NCB... You have to do everything to protect it at all costs. Even 2 years is worth 40-50%, which makes a massive difference on a quote of £1400.

I'm sad enough to drive like an old man so I rarely get myself in the kind of state that the risk of an accident even pops up, but since getting my Lex that is beginning to change! It's all about knowing when to floor it and when to be cautious, and spotting what all the other untrustworthy b*stards on the road are doing. A lot of people have common sense failures on the road, so dodging people like that is a big must!

Give me a nice bendy A road late at night, however, and I like to give teh traction control a bit of a work out :D

My insurance is due too...

im dreading it, im 23 and with no NCB, as i did this..

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/766008.aspx

to my other car.

most places are offering me £1400, and i hate it, so i might be forced to go under my dads name, and let him take the policy with his 9yrs NCB.

I hate insurance in this country, us law abiding folk have to fork out silly money to cover everyone else *sigh

ill let you know how much i end up paying

Nothing a bit of T cut and touch up stick could of solved :lol:

Hope you find insurance as cheap as possible. If your going under your dads name then maybe Direct line would be worth a call as you still get no claims even as a name driver.

id love to pay £200 quid a month as my insurence in £2500 for the year fully comp on my own name as i have no NCD only had my liscence just over a year when i got my lex and even more i am only 19 years old and that was the best quote i got from directline

but touch wood if i dont have a claim i will have 1years NCD and it will go straight down to £1500 fully comp on me own name

Im with Zurich, it cost me an addition £10 a month to go from a Vauxhall Astra SXI to the Lexus Is200. Age 25 with 5 years NCB. Spoke to them about adding my partner onto my policy after she passed her test last week but Zurich have got an age limit of 21 plus 2 years no claims bonus - So just means ill have to drive her round everywhere! Shame :D

22 yrs old, 0 NCB, 2 acciedents last year, £1800 with A-Plan Insurance this is the lowest I could get I was so nearly in tears... So far managed to fight off all the service bills & insurance costs but not sure about next year, will have to get my finger out an work harder at work if I want to keep it.

If only I didn't have those acciedents I would of been about£600-£700 mark with money to get the supercharger now thats gotta wait like 4 yrs :( at least

Bought the Lexus at 21 years old, 1 years NCB, license since 17 cost £600 fully comp garaged in Oxford with Admiral. Everyone else was asking £1500+

Insurance is due at end of month, now 22, have 2 years no claims Admiral quoted £547, More than quoted £557 with breakdown cover. But 'Insure your motor' quoted me £473. I have never heard of them though so not sure how I will be dealt with if I ever have a problem. Anyone had any experience with them?

If you shop around you can find yourself a bargain. When phoning around I was still getting silly quotes of £2000+ from some companies.

If anyone needs motorcycle insurance I found Ebikes to be by far the cheapest.

How do people get on with haggling with car insurance companies? When I insure my bike, I always argue the toss with the companies and they always, without exception, offer me a better price. I got one company down from £800ish to about £350 merely by telling them that if they wanted the business they'd have to do better than that. And they did do better, and they did get the business.

But with cars the companies seem a lot less willing to drop - 'computer says no' mentality...

I think it depends alot on the company and experience of staff (sales person ad admiral put on a 5 car multicar policy discount on even though just had the two cars, He just said if in the near future if you happen to buy three more cars promise youll insure them with us).

Most work on comission so want to sell you the policy and will do their best to get a sale. I never accept my renewal price and always say ive been offered cheaper elsewhere and they usually lower it by around 20%. Then just play the companies off against eachother, they usually ring you back a few days later askign why you havent taken the policy out, if you say you found cheaper, I find they lower it even more.

Insurance companies are a law unto themselves.

I'm currently with Admiral, I pay £356 for fully comp with PNCD, which I'm more than happy with. (I'm 31 with 9 years NCD)

By comparison Esure wanted £428, Direct Line £461, and when I challenged Churchill I got quoted an incredible £661. :o

You really do have to shop around.

i am with churchill and i had a crash and they where taking the p i s s so i my policy ends on the 15th of june. I am 25 on tuesday i did have 7 yrs ncb but now have 4 ncb did a qoute thing on confused.com and got a very good qoute of 851 from swinton but my dad knows a bloke in the swinton place nr his office and got it for 799 fully comp

Insurance companies are a law unto themselves.

I'm currently with Admiral, I pay £356 for fully comp with PNCD, which I'm more than happy with. (I'm 31 with 9 years NCD)

By comparison Esure wanted £428, Direct Line £461, and when I challenged Churchill I got quoted an incredible £661. :o

You really do have to shop around.

I agree. I recently renewed the insurance on my 2006 IS250 SE-L

Lowest quote was from Esure (£293.53) but I added Legal protection to make a total of £314.52

Some quotes were over £700 for similar cover and some companies would not even quote.